• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ULTIMATE Pokemon Pink and Grey Versions (Just an idea)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Hey all, I just found my old pokemon games and got hooked again at the age of 23, and Im so upset with ready how many pokemon there are now and all the different areas it just blows my mind, and How Mew is , well you get the point...

So I had an idea for the ultimate pokemon game(s)

Instead of being 2 games the same story they are split up in regions.

Version 1 will start In Kanto go into the sevii islands and into Johto
    Version2. will have the hoeon and the remaining areas ( sorry pokemon gold and silver were the last big games out during my Pokemon era forgive me)

Purpose of this game is to start out and after you completed the first you can transport your file to version 2 and be able to continue your adventure. EVERY Pokemon is available throughout the games and there is no need to trade and such (except maybe the usual like haunter to get Gengar etc.)

BUT! Here is the best idea (IMO) You start off at Prof. Oaks lab, with a Mew, yes a Mew sitting on the table...and a look alike mew in a case (mewtwo) and oak gives this talk how he and other scientists are cloning the rare mew, and that since they had his dna was taken already that MEW BECOMES YOUR STARTER! YES I SAID IT!... throughout the game you read stories and get calls from Oak saying how strong mewtwo is growing till one call says he breaks out, leaving mewtwo o be hidden in the game (I have a thought on that but wont share it yet) then at one point he is available to catch as well.

So basically it would be the ultimate RPG Pokemon adventure. All the regions split into two games, No Pokemon left out.

Just a wild thought but I was wondering to get get feed back from other fans of the game on my wild idea. I would love to hear from you.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think Mew as a starter is a terrible idea. Lack of version exclusives is silly too. Pokemon was split up into two versions for the sole purpose of linking up to trade and battle and such. I know you're not saying the trade function would be removed, but it's still odd to think of a game without version exclusives to where you actually need to, you know, find a trade partner. It's not like it's even a hard thing to do when you have this forum and Wi-Fi. But hey, I'm just a cynic that's against all these "ultimate Pokemon game" ideas. They won't happen and don't need to happen. And that first file of the game would pretty much be useless once you've transferred your ish to the second game. It just...doesn't work well, honestly.

And let's not forget that they'd be unbalanced. Kanto and Johto on the first cart, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova on the second. The latter three regions are definitely bigger than the first two, with more to do (thinking of their games). So not only do you have 2 regions vs 3 (and no, Sevii Islands do not count as a region), the other 3 are bigger than the other two. It just doesn't add up. So they'd end up nuking the second game with its big clump of regions, making them less enjoyable like GSC's terrible Kanto, while the first version would flourish with two regions, which we know the DS and 3DS are capable of doing, as seen in HGSS. I would rather have one good game with one developed region than two carts that span all five, but are severely unbalanced.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know...Mew is just too rare for Oak to just randomly give it to a kid.
    It'd be nice to have all the regions though.

Back