• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Tutorial For Pokemon Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    I hope this get's stickied and not moved into the help and request thread.
    I think we should use this space right here below this post and try to post a lot of helpful scripting to build your own pokemon game. Even though it's a complete program it still lacks on information about how to do a lot of things. I'll post some of what I found but it's really hard to find info about scripting in Pokemon Essentials:

• pbSpeciesCompatible?(species,machine) - Returns true if the species is compatible with a TM or HM. (TMs are numbered 0 through 49, and HMs are numbered 50 through 57.)
    • pbRaiseEffortValues(pokemon,ev,evgain=10,evlimit=true) - Raises a Pokemon's Effort Values. _pokemon_ is the Pokemon, _ev_ is the type of EV to raise, _evgain_ is the number of EVs to raise it by, and _evlimit_ is whether an EV limit of 100 per stat should be respected. Returns the actual number of EVs gained.
    • pbRestorePP(pokemon,move,pp) - Restores the PP of a move known by the Pokemon. _pokemon_ is the Pokemon, _move_ is the index (from 0 to 3) of the move, and _pp_ is the amount of PP to raise it by. Returns the actual amount of PP gained.
    • pbItemRestoreHP(pokemon,restoreHP) - Restores a Pokemon's HP by _restoreHP_. Returns the actual amount of HP gained.
    • pbCreatePokemon - Adds six Pokemon to the Trainer's party for demonstration purposes.
    • pbIsWeekday(variable[,day[,day[...]]]) - Returns true if today is one of the weekdays specified as an argument for this function. Stores the current weekday's name in the variable numbered _variable_. _day_ is 0 for Sunday, 1 for Monday, etc. For example, pbIsWeekday(1,0,2) returns true if today is Sunday or Tuesday, and stores today's weekday in variable 1.
    • pbAddPokemon(species,level) - Adds a Pokemon of the defined _species_ and _level_. Returns true if the Pokemon was added.
    • pbLoadPokemonIcon(pokemon,back=false) - Loads a Pokemon icon.
    • pbWildBattleBGM(species) - RPG::AudioFile specifying background music to be played in the next wild Pokemon battle. _species_ is not used in the default implementation, but can be used to customize the music for certain wild Pokemon species, for example Rayquaza.
    • pbWildBattleBGM(species) - RPG::AudioFile specifying background music to be played when the player wins the next wild Pokemon battle.
    • pbGetWildVictoryME(trainer) - RPG::AudioFile specifying background music to be played in the next Trainer battle. _trainer_ is either a PokeBattle_Trainer or an array of two PokeBattle_Trainer objects.
    • pbGetTrainerBattleBGMFromType(trainer) - RPG::AudioFile specifying background music to be played in the next Trainer battle. _trainer_ is a trainer type from PBTrainers.
    • pbGetTrainerVictoryME(trainer) - RPG::AudioFile specifying background music to be played when the player wins the next Trainer battle. _trainer_ is either a PokeBattle_Trainer or an array of two PokeBattle_Trainer objects.
    • pbPlayCry(species) - Plays the cry for the specified Pokemon _species_.
    • getRandomName - Generates a random name for a person.
    • pbChangePlayer(id) - Changes the player to the one with the specified _id_ (0 through 3).
    • pbTrainerName - Opens the name entry screen to set the name of the Trainer, and creates the $Trainer global variable.
    • pbHasSpecies?(species) - Returns true if a Pokemon of the specified _species_ is in the player's party.
    • pbGenerateEgg(species,level) - Adds an egg of the specified _species_ and _level_ to the player's party. Raises an exception if the egg can't be added.
    • pbChoosePokemon(var1,var2) - Loads the Pokemon screen, where the player can choose a Pokemon in the party. The index of the chosen Pokemon is stored in the variable numbered _var1_, and its name in the variable _var2_.
    • pbNumMoves(pokemon) - Returns the number of moves that a Pokemon has.
    • pbTextEntry(helptext,minlength,maxlength,variable) - Opens the text entry screen with the help text _helptext_. Stores the entered text in the variable _variable_.
    • pbDebugBattle - Starts a battle in debug mode. Generally not interesting to call in a real game, but is often used to debug problems in the battle system.
    • pbChooseMove(pokemon,var1,var2) - Loads a screen where the player can choose a move that a Pokemon has. The index of the chosen move is stored in the variable numbered _var1_, and its name in the variable _var2_.
    • pbLoadRpgxpScene(scene) - Loads an RPGXP-compatible scene object. This function fails if the current scene is not a Scene_Map object.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    would be nice if you made the "scrip" or whatever it is in bold to make it clearer :)

Years
  • Uhhhmm... I found almost ALL those scripts on Notes.Html. I think it's easier to just look there, it's not messy. This isn't all that helpful either... (to me anyway).

Also, you should have asked Poccil if he approves or not, since it IS is starter kit, and I think theres a reason why he never opened a thread showing all his commands, when you can just go to his site for that.

-Krobe

[Edit] This 'aint that "ultimate" either.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    That was just an example. Of course I took that out of the Notes in the Starter Kit... I mean we should now post other handy and useful codes. I think it would be really good. A lot of people would like that...
    Also it isn't ultimate yet because I was the only posting codes right? lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back