• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ultra Sun] Ultra Something (an 807/difficulty/etc. hack for USUM)

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
Gw1OKgh.png

v1.2
Last updated: 23rd February 2024

Ultra Something is a ROM hack of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. I originally made it for my own enjoyment, but since it took me a fairly long time to complete, I thought it might be worth putting it somewhere public in case anyone else finds it interesting/useful. If not, no big deal; I can still play it myself.
It's not a radical overhaul of the game by any means - just a fairly standard difficulty hack (intended to be playable with the Exp. Share off) where you can catch all 807 Pokémon, with some extra changes on top. Basically every edit I made was done via pk3DS.

I'm not very good with names, hence why it's called Ultra Something.

Note that this hack is not designed to be compatible with Pokémon Bank, other official Pokémon games, or anything similar. I wouldn't recommend trying to connect it with any official Pokémon titles.​

Features
There are quite a lot of things I've changed in this hack, so I've put some of the more interesting features below. I've also added some screenshots to help demonstrate what's changed.
A changelog and a documentation folder are also included in the Google Drive files, which contains 16 text files' worth of documentation and explanation of the hack's features. Probably a bit excessive, really, but it's there if you need it.

Pokémon changes
Spoiler:

Wild Pokémon changes
Spoiler:

Trainer/Trial changes
Spoiler:

Battle facility changes
Spoiler:

Shop item changes
Spoiler:

Other changes
Spoiler:

Downloads and installation
You can find the game files here.

You need to have the version 1.2 title update for your game version installed for this hack to work. Otherwise, Poké Marts will freeze your game.
Make sure you use the correct files for your game version. It doesn't make much difference which version you choose to play, but you will be unable to catch 2 species of Ultra Beast if you use the wrong files.

If you're using Luma3DS on a hacked console:
  • Enable game patching in the Luma3DS settings menu (you can access this by holding Select while booting up the console).
  • Navigate to the /luma/titles/(TitleID)/ folder on your SD card. (Create that folder if it doesn't exist.)
  • (TitleID) should be named 00040000001B5000 if you're playing Ultra Sun.
  • If you're playing Ultra Moon, (TitleID) should be named 00040000001B5100.
  • In the Google Drive folder for your chosen game version, copy the romfs folder and place it in the (TitleID) folder on your SD card. Once that's done, the hack should be successfully installed.
  • If you've started a new game, you can verify that the hack was installed correctly on the language selection menu; the bottom screen should say "Welcome to Ultra Something!" in green text.

If you're playing on Citra or something else, I don't know how to use them, so I can't give any sort of tutorial. That said, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't work if you already know how to install/play ROM hacks on them.

Glitches and issues
Spoiler:

Things I might add in the future:
Although Ultra Something is in a completed state, there are a few things I'm considering adding to it in the future:
Spoiler:

Credits
Anyone involved in the creation of these programs/games/etc.:
  • pk3DS
  • PKHeX
  • Luma3DS
  • JKSM
  • Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
  • Notepad++
  • Probably something else I forgot

One last thing
I'm not very good with people, so please don't take it personally if I don't respond to your posts or questions. I'm still not entirely sure how I managed to get it working on my 2DS in the first place, so I'm not going to be very good at tech support-type things. Sorry.

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Hey bro, this hack looks cool as freak, hope you keep updating

Days
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Just dropping by to say that I appreciate the release, you nailed a lot of my wants in an USUM hack.

Years
Thank you for not forcing the Exp.Share down our throats like other similar rom hacks; just this change makes this the best Gen7 romhack out there

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
thank you for posting this, i'm excited to check it out when i get time a while after the SV DLC 2 hits and i finish it but inevitably want more pokemon

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
Thanks for the feedback - it's good to know my hack might be of use to other people.

I've now updated Ultra Something to version 1.1. A brief overview of the changes made (taken from the new changelog) is listed below:
Spoiler:

I haven't included any changes from the Scarlet and Violet DLC yet (apart from the Piplup line getting Competitive), but it's on my to-do list; once the Indigo Disk has been released, I'll start looking at which of the new moves I should add to this hack.

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
I've updated Ultra Something to version 1.2 - this update mainly adds in various extra moves that Pokémon gained access to in the Scarlet and Violet DLC. An quick overview from the changelog can be found below:

Spoiler:

With this update, I've now "caught up" to the latest main-series Pokémon games in terms of Pokémon movepools. I don't think I really need to add anything else to the hack, apart from editing the Battle Royal sets (which I probably will do, but I don't feel like it right now), so I'll most likely leave the hack as it is until the next main-series games are released.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
For the people who want to play this on an Android emulator (for example, citra MMJ), you must go to citra-emu/load/mods/titleid (you have to create the title Id folder, which is 00040000001B5000 for ultra sun and 00040000001B5100 for ultra moon. Then you copy the romfs folder inside that folder and then just play the game

Back