• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Uncatchable Shiny's

whodathunk

Smity Smithers VII
    Years
    Who has ever found a shiny pokemon... but it was another trainer's!
    I did at the battle tower in Fire Red, TWO TIMES :-@

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I had a 6v6 shiny battle, and my friend had six shinies that I couldn't capture. This happened twice, actually.

Pingouin_7

No. In FR/LG, the shinies in the Trainer Tower are always there.

Also, no trainer Pokémon can be shiny except in the Battle Tower/Frontier.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I've actually never seen a shiny that's from another trainer, though i'd probably turn the game off and then battle someone completly different >=)
    That would teach them to have shiny pokemon when i don't :(

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I never saw any trainers in firered/leafgreen having shinies on there team in the games, but I did caught some shinies myself and me got a shiny charmander!!! I'm so lucky and my sister got a shiny squirtle!!! ;D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    In my whole life of playing any Advanced Generation games, I've never seen a trainer who has a shiny Pokémon. That, or I can't tell the diffference between a shiny and a normal-colored Pokémon. XD

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Pingouin_7 is right. The only trainers with shiny Pokemon are all in the battle tower/battle frontier. No other trainers have, or ever will have, shiny Pokemon.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I guess at the beginning of the game before you get your Pokéballs.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    I've never seen one on a trainer but i saw a shiny poochyena before i got some pokeballs in emerald i got so pissed of

キラキラ

KiraKira
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    I didn't know that there were shinies programmed into the Battle Tower, I thought it was just bad luck. XD

Well once I found a shiny Psyduck, but had no Pokeballs.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I dunno about that...on the way to Rock Tunnel on one of my Fire Red run throughs a Hiker had a Shiny Onix I think...
    Already said: No trainer except the ones at battle tower/frontier have shinies.

I saw shinies only at Battle tower in FRLG. I had a shiny venusaur(FR) and a shiny Mightyena once(Emerald).

Back