• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Card] Uncovering Fullart Meloetta

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
Years
  • So, being that Meloetta is my favorite Pokemon, and its XY120 Promo is the best card art of it, I decided that I wanted to do 2 things;

Uncover it from all the wretched text, and
    Make it shiny!!!!!

So I spent a total of about 5 hours eyedropping, drawing, and smudging on GIMP to "fix" the art, trying to keep it look as similar as to what I would imagine it to be without the text. I smoothed out some of the shading

Credit to Megumi Mizatani for the original artwork, and obviously credit to Nintendo for the Pokemon concept.

P.S., I just realized I need to do some shading on the hair, but other than that, I'm happy with how it turned out. I'll update it once I get the shading looking right!

P.S.S., Yes, the name and the bit of hair in the bottom corner aren't covered, but the name I figured was important enough, and the uncovering the hair outline in the corner would take away from the layout of the card(yes I know the whole idea does that but I hope you'll get what I mean)

Attachments

• Meloetta Avatar.png
      Meloetta Avatar.png
      257.1 KB · Views: 8
    • Meloetta.png
      Meloetta.png
      268.2 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:
    Back