• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNDERGROUND: The Kanto Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • Jessica Stark

Meanwhile, Jessica found herself chased away by increasingly vicious pseudo-pokemon. She would've thought the things were cute if it weren't for the creepy tattoo limb deal going on and the rather vicious nature they readily displayed. She made attempts to dodge the attacks of the noise, but they were faster than she was and far more numerous. She was immediately aware of her back becoming unusually sore after several hits. She'd definitely feel that later, if she survived this much. It was far too trivial to be of concern to her now. What shew as more concerned about were her legs. She was putting a lot of effort into running, and the noise were far from opposed to taking out her legs first. Regardless, she wasn't out of the game yet. She had to keep trying. Why exactly she cared if she died again she wasn't completely sure, however. She didn't remember anything happy ever happening in her life, and yet she didn't want it to end. Perhaps this warranted more thought, but she couldn't afford that right now.

All of a sudden she heard someone call out. Jessica practically skidded to a stop, looking towards the source of the voice, though she was quickly rammed by a noise on her lower back. Jessica fell forward before she could take in more details than that it was a young man of sorts that was looking straight at her. She had vaguely recognized more noise as well. She caught herself with her hands, pushing herself back up as she tried to put distance between herself and the attacking noise. She was forced to reach up and grab her hat to yank it away from a spearow that had tried to pull it off her head as if to remove armor so that it could strike harder. She was running low on time to find a partner, and if she had heard correctly, he'd asked her exactly that. Perhaps she would make it out of this one after all?

Jessica hurried over to the boy, slowing to a stop just in front of him and holding out her hands in offering. She made an effort to smile, a pleading look in her eyes. She had no idea why she could smile. Regardless, she was not going to pretend she wasn't desperate for help, even if the help was mutual. Ego? Hers was kind of small, especially considering as far as she remembered, her life kind of sucked. Given, she remembered her memories being stolen. That was far from a happy memory at all. Yet, even with the knowledge that there had once been happy memories in her head, she no longer understood why that mattered. With the loss of her happy memories came the loss of her value of them.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Zorya Solistum
    Saffron City

Party Time!

"Wha--it didn't work?" Gloria pondered, as she stopped looking through the Silph Scope, and tapped it a bit to see if it was broken. "...I am officially confused. FANS! HELP GLORIA! WHAT SHALL I DO?! Huh...?" Gloria asked, turning to me. "Did...you just say we're doing it wrong? Wait...you don't have a manly voice like that...OR DO YOU?!" No, it's not like I hadn't been speaking with you earlier.

"B-Brock? Pewter's City's Brock? What the hell, man?!" Gloria said as she realized where the voice had originated from."So YOU'RE the guys who can create the monsters!" Gloria realized, as she took out her base guitar, ready for combat. "Just great...Zorya! Get ready to rock!" She took out the Whismur pin from her pocket, and gripped it tightly as she then used her left hand to stung down her guitar, which thanks to the Whismur pin, creating harmful sound waves that harmed the Scyther and Muk noises nearby. However, it wasn't as effective as when she fought with the Rattata noises. "Ergh...these guys are tougher than I thought..."

"No, really? I had no idea that there was something stronger than Rattata." I paused for a moment, "Well then, sarcasm mode, activate." I muttered.

"Ergh...!" Gloria grunted as she was struck by an attack from the Scyther noise; she was hit on her left arm, which seemed to make it tricky for her to hold up her guitar. "I'm not beat yet! In the name of my fans, I SHALL PREVAIL! Hm...so THAT'S what a Muk is...wait! Augh, WHO CARES!!"

"Let's work together, guys!" I turned to see two boys walking towards us. "We can beat them easier that way!" Yelled the younger boy.

"What the kid said!" Said the older boy. As they moved towards us, I could hear Brock talking with Janine, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. Damn it. Maybe there was a pin to hear things like that. Wow, these pins were going to be the replacement for apps here.

"There's a pin for that!" I mumbled sarcastically. I smiled though, so that was good.

"Hey, see those two guys?" she pointed at the boys. Nope, just a figment of your imagination, silly girl. "What do you think, should we help them? Cause I see a rockin' PARTY soon! Either that, or they can become our slaves! Um...again, not trying to make a sex joke or anything." I actually hadn't related that to sex at first, but as soon as Gloria said that she didn't mean that, a very... innapropriate image flashed into my mind. I quickly shook it off, trying to ignore it. It was a very scary picture.

Well, the boys didn't seem useless. Gengar, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander pins. Useful, to say the least. My pins weren't too great, and they were probably going to become rather repetitive.

I put my hand on the Magnemite pin again, and the noise flew towards me. Sadly, the Scyther had their scythes aimed at me as they flew, and I didn't react fast enough. I felt myself get sliced across my arms and face just as I had grabbed my Geodude pin. A second later, the Scyther were pummeled by a barrage of rocks. I examined my cuts, which were pretty bad. I decided to try out the Zubat pin.

The noise was hurt by the Zubat pin, and my wounds healed a bit right before my eyes. Now THAT was pretty damn useful. "Sweet, healing powers! Now it's time to get serious! Gloria, aim your attacks at these spores!" I put my hand on the Paras pin, and a bunch of spores flew into the air. Now if Gloria could attack them, the sound waves from her guitar could fuse with the effects from the spores, adding an extra amount of hurt to the impact.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Thomas Carter

As Tom grabbed the girl's arm, a light enveloped the two of them. He heard his phone beeping but didn't take much notice of it; these lights were pretty out of this world. So, this was what making a pact was like! It was like... he was half of a whole now, if that was the best way to explain it. He couldn't leave this girl now, they were partners for the week! Separating definitely meant certain death! ... How did Tommy know all of this? He didn't really know, only that he knew it and it was really, really important!

Confirming pact...

The lights faded and Tom immediately reached for his pocket, pulling out... yes! A gun! But not like any gun, this was a Water Gun! Yeah! Combined with his Squirtle pin, he could shoot water bullets from his gun. It was pretty neat, it was. Maybe he could upgrade it later... Somehow!

Pact confirmed!

Tom took this first chance he could to shoot the birds, as sad for them as he felt. But they were attacking him! They started the fight, not him! Those birds were pretty fast though, dodging a good lot of Tommy's ammunition. He managed a few good shots but none that world erase them.

"Hey!" he called out to his partner. Learning her name as soon as the battle was over was an excellent idea. "We gotta work together, yeah! Gotta beat them together!"

Dawn

Years
  • Jessica Stark

Jessica was somewhat startled by the light. She couldn't have really been expected that. Yet, it wasn't like the light was a bad thing. It was actually kind of a relief! All the implications about being paired with a boy aside, she was oddly happy. The feeling was... strange. She hadn't really felt that feeling before as far as she remembered. The result? She blushed throughout the entire thing. She silently scolded herself for failing to keep her composure. I mean honestly! She was how old now? She made an effort to regain said composure as she observed Tom pulling out what looked like a water gun. Jessica began to dig through her own pockets. Come to think of it, there /was/ something in there too! She acknowledged her newfound partner with her eyes briefly before digging into her pocket.

Jessica pulled out a couple of pins. She was disappointed to find that she had only three. One with a pokeball on it, one with a chansey on it and one with... a mienfoo? Huh. She watched as Jason shot an unexpectedly powerful blast of water out of his water gun. Woah. She looked between her three pins. The pokeball pin was the one she had observed earlier. Chanseys were known for healing right? She activated her Mienfoo pin and felt strength flood into her limbs, more specifically her lower legs and hands. More specifically, the area covered by her gloves and boots. ...Well she supposed this could only mean one thing. She had to hit something. Not her style, perhaps, but...

Jessica made a charge at the noise and just sort of slugged a Pidgey that was partially distracted by Tom. To her surprise, this worked a lot better than she would've expected. The pidgey acted as if it had been hit by a truck, going flying backwards and hitting the ground. She felt kind of bad, picking on small creatures, but they sort of wanted to harm her, so. She turned her attention to some of the other pokemon, most of which were rather small, and took a rather improvised fighting stance. They were all very aware that she was no longer helpless by now. Yet, neither would they back off. Jessica responded by performing a sweeping kick at the group, striking several pokemon. As a human, she would've never been able to hit hard enough to fight pokemon on this level. In some sick sense, this was almost fun. Quickly regaining her standing status, Jessica turned and abruptly grabbed at a Pidgey which almost reacted in time to dodge her. She caught it's tail though and yanked it towards her. She abruptly felt the bite of a ratatta noise on her leg though and winced. Ow. A ratatta noise was clinging to her by it's teeth. It was then that she realized being so close to these creatures had it's downsides. She just sort of hopping backwards a bit, trying to put some distance between her and the other noise, though a Spearow promptly started pecking her on the hat.

"What do I look like?!"

Jessica had become aggravated and promptly stomped on the ratatta clinging to her with her free leg at an angle to push it's teeth out of her. That hurt as much as it sounded, but oh well. The ratatta was erased by the powerful stomp. She then grabbed the Pidgey she'd grabbed with her free hand in a non-gentle manner, held it up, and abruptly bent down to slam it against the ground. This too was enough to erase the thing, given by the feel of it she was pretty sure it had been struck by a water gun attack earlier.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Thomas Carter

Tom gave a big grin as the last of the noise was erased by the helpful thrashing given by his lovely partner. He was panting ridiculously (he was quite fit, but running seven thousand blocks and then having to battle a bunch of noise seemed to be too much. That or he was just being over drammatic), with his hands on his knees and small beads of sweat forming on his brow. Whew! He hadn't had this much fun since... Well, since he was alive! Which wasn't that long ago, now that he recalled.

When his breath was successfully caught, he almost skipped over to his female partner and held out a fingerless gloved hand for a shake and a bright and happy grin on his face. It was a little creepy, actually. He didn't think so, but surely any normal human being would not think this amount of happy was possible.

"Hey!" his grin grew brighter. "I'm Tommy. Thomas Carter. Or Tom! Or Thom. Or sometimes the cool kids call me "Demon". What's your name there, missy?"

DAY 1; Rush & Manny

"Rush! Quick!!" Manny thust a hand out, his shadow gripping a sleeping Scyther, holding it down as the girl with the guitar let out some fatal chords. "Help them! We can beat them together!"

"Already a step ahead of you, kid," Rush had already rushed towards the closest Muk and had proceeded in letting loose an attack which managed to erase one of them. With them all working together, it wasn't long before the rest of the noise was successfully erased, leaving behind a slightly disappointed Janine and a Brock with a curt smile on his face.

"Interesting. Good thinking players, I like your style," Brock said with a nod. He then waved a hand at Janine. "Let's leave these kids to their mission, Janine. We'll find some more players somewhere else."

"What?" Janine flicked her head to look at Brock. "Aren't we meant to erase the players?"

"Yes," he sighed heavily, "but today's noise is too weak for them. Leave them for another day. Don't worry, you'll get your chance. See you later, players." Janine replied with a frown but followed the reaper as they disappeared around an alleyway.

"Well! That's over then!" Manny said, exhaling loudly. "Thanks guys! I'm Manny, and this is Rush! Thanks for your help!"

"Yo," Rush nodded. "Yeah... uh, thanks."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • D A Y // O N E

Gloria panted and huffed as the remaining noise were erased away, thanks with the help of her partner, and the two other players. She returned her bass guitar back into its casing, as she stood fully up.
    "Well! That's over then!" one of those players said as he exhaled loudly. "Thanks guys! I'm Manny, and this is Rush! Thanks for your help!"

"Yo," Rush nodded. "Yeah... uh, thanks."

"Hell, I think we should be thanking you two!" Gloria smiled. "For who knew what fate had in store for me and my fans!! Oh, and Zorya over here. Anyway! I'm Gloria, the rocka' of disasta', the iotloa of rock n' rolla, the diva of sheena, and the JELLY TO MY JOHNNY! Well, I go by many names, but Gloria is my first."

Gloria then stook out the helm of her palm. Time was still ticking. That last fight really took out a huge chunk of their time. She then glanced at Zorya."We better hurry if we want to solve this clue already," she stated, as she was holding the Silph Scope. "What did the Brock-miester say? To take a walk? And you suggested we go to Lavender Town? That's not too far from here; its just past one route."

Gloria then turned towards the two over players. "Want to tag along? This rock band's gotta have more players for the fans!" she suggested. "THE WOLF IS HOWLING, THE CATS ARE MEOWING, AND THE DONKEYS ARE YEE-HAWING! And Gloria is about to do her famous WHOOPEEEEEEEE-GOLDBERG CALL! TO VICTORY!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Zorya Solistum
    Saffron City
    Meowthin' it up!

"Rush! Quick!!" The younger boy yelled as his shadow held a sleeping Scyther, "Help them! We can beat them together!"

"Already a step ahead of you, kid," The older boy ran forward and erased one of the Muk noise. It wasn't long until all of the noise had been erased, leaving behind a slightly disappointed Janine and a Brock with a curt smile on his face.

"Interesting. Good thinking players, I like your style," Brock said with a nod. He then waved a hand at Janine, "Let's leave these kids to their mission, Janine. We'll find some more players somewhere else."

"What?" Janine turned her head to look at Brock, "Aren't we meant to erase the players?" Erase. Didn't sound good. Same as what we were doing to the noise, if I was correct. What happened after we were erased, did we literally disappear?

"Yes," Brock sighed heavily, "but today's noise is too weak for them. Leave them for another day. Don't worry, you'll get your chance. See you later, players." Janine frowned but followed Brock, and they disappeared around an alleyway.

"Well! That's over then!" The younger boy said, exhaling loudly, "Thanks guys! I'm Manny, and this is Rush! Thanks for your help!"

"Yo," The older boy, Rush nodded, "Yeah... uh, thanks."

"Hell, I think we should be thanking you two!" Gloria smiled, "For who knew what fate had in store for me and my fans!! Oh, and Zorya over here. Anyway! I'm Gloria, the rocka' of disasta', the iotloa of rock n' rolla, the diva of sheena, and the JELLY TO MY JOHNNY! Well, I go by many names, but Gloria is my first."

"Don't mind her," I said to the boys, "She's rather strange."

Gloria glanced at her palm, before looking at me. "We better hurry if we want to solve this clue already," she stated, as she held the Silph Scope, "What did the Brock-miester say? To take a walk? And you suggested we go to Lavender Town? That's not too far from here; its just past one route."

She then turned back to the two boys, "Want to tag along? This rock band's gotta have more players for the fans!" she suggested, "THE WOLF IS HOWLING, THE CATS ARE MEOWING, AND THE DONKEYS ARE YEE-HAWING! And Gloria is about to do her famous WHOOPEEEEEEEE-GOLDBERG CALL! TO VICTORY!"

"Told you she was strange, and please don't insult Whoopie." I said before something popped into my mind; after our battle with the Rattata, we received some money pins, so I reached into my pocket and found two pins; a Caterpie pin and a blue money pin. "I'll be right back." I said as I re-entered the Silph Co. building. "Hello again!" I said cheerily to the woman, "May I have that Meowth pin please?" I placed the blue pin on the counter. I wasn't sure how much it was worth, but it had to be worth something.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • Jessica looked around as if expecting more noise before realizing they were done. She found that the noise had left some sort of pin behind. It seemed to be... a money pin? Did it... shoot coins? Regardless, she pocketed it and moved over to her partner only to find him skipping toward her. She too had sweat building on her forehead from all the physical exertion and she adjusted her cap briefly. When he held out his hand she realized they had similar taste in hand-gear. She promptly held out her own hand to grip his, her free hand moving to her hip as she shook lightly. She was aware of the grin, but wasn't immediately sure what to think about it. It did seem slightly out of place. Despite all this she made an effort to focus on his eyes and smile pleasantly in return, though the smile would come off half-hearted. When she spoke, she seemed slightly out of breath and had a rather clearly apparent accent to her speech.

"Wasn' that somethin'..? Is nice to meet'cha Tommy! I'm Jessica, n' you've got a pretty funny nickname among those cool kids, if ya' don't mind me sayin'!"

She was tempted to ask him what had him so happy, but for whatever reason she was hesitating, perhaps in some hope he'd bring it up on his own. She didn't always understand the way people acted, so she just tried to be tolerant of weird things, at least to a degree. After a moment she would move to let go of his hand, throwing in one last comment.

"Thanks for savin' my butt back there."

Sure, in theory she'd saved him too, but she couldn't help but feel she had been the more desperate of the two. She couldn't exactly say for sure, but that's the way she felt. Besides, regardless of who needed it most, saving each other deserved a thank you, didn't it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Rose (Silph Co. Employee)

"Sure thing! That will be ¥550! Oh!" Rose let out a slightly over exaggerated gasp when the young girl handed her the pin. This was too much! The girl needed some change! Rose quickly opened a draw and flicked her hands through the files until she came across the appropriate change. She popped that and the Meowth pin on the counter with a smile.

Zorya obtained the 052 Meowth pin! For ¥550! Don't forget the change!
    Zorya also obtained some change!
    1x 50 Yen and
    4x 100 Yen.​

"Thank you, and please! Come again!"

DAY 1; Rush & Manny

"Um..." Rush scratched his brow, understanding next to nothing that Gloria just said. "I guess... you guys figured out the mission?"

"Yeah!!!" Manny punched a fist into the air. "See, Rush, I told you these guys were gonna help us! We can finish the mission together! Maybe we'll split the points! Yeah! Yeah Gloria, yeah Zorya!! Yeah!"

"Alright, alright, just tone it back a little kid, don't use up all your energy now! We still gotta... where are we going?" Rush turned his head to Gloria, as Zorya had excused herself from the scene to the Silph Co. building. "We couldn't make heads or tails of it at all."

"The mission didn't have a head or a tail, silly Rush. It was words!" Manny gave out a laugh. Rush closed his eyes and exhaled deeply. Boy, if they could swap partners, Rush would swap for Zorya in a second. Maybe not Gloria, she seemed as crazy as Manny. The two would go good together. He was a good kid, yeah, but Rush could only handle so much.

DAY 1; Thomas Carter

"No, no, thank you dear miss!" Tommy smiled and nodded. How modest she was! The girl had taken out most of the noise, all Tom did was making a few hits with his dodgey aim. He held his gun in his hand, studying it for a second. He was sure he used to be better than this in the real world. Maybe it was because this gun shot water, not bullets. Bullets always seemed to be much deadlier. "Why, thank you Jessy! It took a while for me to get the nickname, but it was well worth it in the end!"

Tom took a minute to study his surroundings. Why, they were in Saffron, he knew that much! But... around him were a bunch of shops, a few houses and a local Pokémon Market. What a funny place to wake up. Well, Tom had been running for some time after he woke up, so he didn't wake up here. He was further up, near the gym or something as far as he could remember. But, anyways, more important stuff. Right!!

"Hey, did you figure out the mission? Have you looked at it yet? I'm kinda stumped!"

Dawn

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Jessica was all fine up until the point he thanked yer for her 'compliment' on his nickname. She had really been more trying to pros to get him to explain it. What had he had to do to get that nickname? The thought made her uncomfortable. One didn't generally get the nickname demon from donating to charity, so to speak. That is to say, it seemed to suggest something negative. Then again... What was bad or good was kind of subjective. Maybe he was a vigilante and local thugs called him that for all his work trying to put an end to their crimes! ...That seemed pretty improbable. On the other hand, having that nickname seemed slightly improbable in general. Perhaps he had given it to himself? To cool? That was what boys did, right? Rather then continue to theorize Jessica decided to ask him later. Right now he had just asked her a question. They were a pair now... That meant they had to stick together, she guessed. That meant cooperating with him. Not that she had any real problem with what he was asking of her. It did cross her mind though that she felt obligated.

"Yeah..."

She took out her phone again, bringing up the message and re-reading it as she continued. She was looking at Tom with bright attentive eyes. For now she didn't seem /too/ bothered by what Tom had said. Yet, considering those two were a pair it was only a matter of time before it came up.

"I'm not sure... Do ya' think it might have anything t' do with these pins?"

She pulled out her pins, looking them over. Could one of them hold the answer to what seemed to be a riddle? She had already seen what one did. She had a couple of other ones though. They obviously had powers too, right?[/SIZE]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back