• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unique Movesets.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
    Im not Shigeru Miyamoto so I wouldnt hav a clue.

Back onto Maggy. I wouldnt bother with his defence bcoz wen you hav a 4x weakness to Ground. All the defence in the world isnt gonna save you from a decent EQ.

Years
    i think electric types arent resistant to water moves, only flying moves... water does normal damage to them, so maggy isnt resistant to water...

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    He's 4x resistant to steel

Thats where the Def comes in handy

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Earthquake is a common move,so that 4x resistance doesn't mean anything.
    Earthquake still gets him.

Years
    juz realeyezed (mispelled on purpose) u cant assist a fpunch... i think b/c if u could, u could just use it like any other move b/c like if u assist a xspeed/qattack it doesnt make u go first, it goes as a normal move b/c u r using assist then using the assisted move after assist. hmm... does any1 have any other suggestions for assistingpokemon since they can use (almost) any move in their moveset?
    maybe:
    hypno:
    max evs hp, and 129 evs sp def/def (+ def nature - attack nature)
    assist (50% recover, 50% cpower)
    seismic toss
    toxic
    sub

or hypno: 252 evs hp, 129 sp def, 129 sp a
    (modest nature)
    assist (100% mean look)
    hypnosis
    nightmare (does this not affect normal types?)
    dream eater

or 129 hp evs, 252 attack evs, 129 sp def evs (adament nature
    assist (100% mean look)
    hypnosis
    nightmare
    fpunch

poliwrath: 252 evs hp, 252 attack 4 evs sp def
    hypnosis
    fpunch
    bulk up/bdrum
    eq/counter

politoad: 252 evs hp, 129 sp a,129 sp def,
    surf
    protect
    toxic
    calm mind

Last edited:
    Years
    I was thinking bout putting fly to good use outside ingame. I was using a toxictrapper crobat with a twist....

Crobat@Lefties Mean look/Toxic/fly/Shadow ball or poison fang or slugde bomb.

Use last move as emergancy attack. Probebly sluge bomb

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Mimic
    - Softboiled
    - Substitute
    - Aromatherapy

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Rollout
    - Double Team
    - Rest

Smeargle (M) @ BrightPowder
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SDef
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Transform
    - Fake Out
    - Extremespeed
    - Spore

smeargle transforms bliss mimics.smeargle switches for shuckle bliss transforms.600++ def with 704 hp,gg u wont die =D.add in sandstorm probably,so u will win the stall war lol

*EDIT
    it doesnt work,anyone knows how to get blissey to mimic transform?

Last edited:

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    which move they pick is random. If you want it to work, put only transform on smeargle

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    Yep Husks right, it'll only work when Smeargle only has Transform.

It sounds like a good strategy, but since Blissey will inherit Shuckles moveset, I can see problems occuring.

It is a wide opening for Boahtar to come in, and it's also a nice way for Curselax to come in and start Cursing (The ones with Immunity).

It's definately unique.

Glad to be back people :D

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    shuckle's ms is
    double team
    rest
    toxic
    rollout

5 dts,5 rests and 5 toxics and 5 rollouts is enough

how did u get back in LH?
    could u explain the events leading to ur booting and how u got back?
    and accept my msn request =D

Last edited:

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    This is a primeape set I've created and already tested it works rather well, if its alright with yall, if this hasnt been thought of before Id like to call it a Naasape lol

Primape @ leichi Berry (time to stop throwin leftovers on everything)
    Vital Spirit
    -spatk,+spd
    -Swagger
    -Screech
    -Earthquake
    -Crosschop

Strategy is simple, Swagger to confuse and boost up their power then screech to drop their defenses, afterwards keep screeching or crosschop, most people underestimate confusion from what Ive seen so they probably wont switch if they do the pokemon their switching to will catch a screech, if youre faster you could either Cross Chop or Swagger again, the higher their attack is and lower their defense the more damage they do to themselves when their confused which is why I have screech on there. This works well against special attackers because they gain nothing from the attack boost from swagger, it works well on high-attack pokemon if youre a haxor, I figured I should share this with yall after the 3rd time I killed a Mewtwo with it :) .

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    It's a cool set but it could backfire easily, Primeape has low defenses, if a Physical Attacker was not confused for a turn - Primeape dies.

It'd suck if you boosted their attack, then they went on to sweep your team too.

It's still cool - 1 Swagger and 1 Screech + Them hurting themselves will definately leave a mark.

Then they get Cross Chopped, he can't physically hit Gengar or Missy though.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Yeah when I see a ghost I usually just switch out but Swagger and screech still work on them after theyre confused it would only take 2 turns of screeches to kill any standard ghost, the only time I see a ghost is when its being switched in and if I predicted right the ghost would catch a swagger, then they would have to take a chance to attack me, Im usually good with luck but when it rains it pours and yes it does backfire sometimes, but its done rather well in testing you should try it

Back