• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Unlockable Surf HM

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    Hi. I am currently making a Pokémon game using RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials and I'm having a problem. I want to make a game where you start in Pallet Town, however, I don't want the player to go to Cinnabar Island that early in the game, but Pokémon Essentials comes with a feature where you can surf without even having a Pokémon. I want the player to only be able to surf after he gets the Surf HM. Sorry for my bad english. Even the most little help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    If you start the game directly from the RPG Maker, in Debug mode, you automatically gain access to all HM's. If you'd start the game from your game's folder, you'd notice that you don't have those HM's unlocked anymore.

Back