• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Unova's Darkness is Rising/Unova's Lightness is Rising

NinjaPawniard

Athos Porthos Aramis d'Artagna
Years
  • As you can see, there are two titles for this...
    This is to be similar to Pokémon Black and White's opposite movie titles...
    This story features three friends: Cameron, Ben, and Nica....
    Each of them together will be the only way to stop Team Dark and its leader Darren...
    With the help of Team Light's Leader Leroy.

Character Profiles
    Ben - A boy who has lived in Striaton City his whole life, with his father Cress and his cousin Nica, and his uncles Chili and Cilan.
    Cameron - A girl who has lived in Nuvema Town her whole life, she hasn't been out of Nuvema long. She came to Striaton with Professor Juniper.
    Nica - A girl who has lived in Striaton City her whole life, with her father Chili and her cousin Ben, and uncles Cress and Cilan.

Chapter 1- Juniper's Arrival
    The young cousins Ben and Nica had been playing outside with Ben's father's Panpour and Nica's father's Pansear when a car pulled up to the Striaton City Gym, Cilan, Cress, and Chili came outside from the gym to greet Professor Juniper.

"Hello, Professor Juniper!" Cress said.
    "Hello, boys." Professor Juniper replied.
    "Dad, did you call Professor Juniper here?" Ben asked Cress.
    "Yes, Chili and I did." He said.
    "Do you think we're ready?" Nica asked.
    "Yes, we do." Chili said.
    "Kids, I'd like you to meet my daughter Cameron." Professor Juniper said.
    "H-hello." Cameron said.
    "I let Cameron get her choice of starter on the way over here, she choice the lovable Oshawott." Professor Juniper said.
    "Can we choose now?" Ben asked.
    "Yes, but I'm sorry, I only have one pokémon left..." She sighed.
    "Is it Tepig?" Ben's eyes gleamed.
    "Yes, it is." She replied and handed him the ball.
    "What about me?" Nica asked.
    "I'll be right back." Professor Juniper said, she rushed off back towards the gate of Striaton City. She came back five minutes later with a pokéball.
    "In this pokéball is a Lillipup." She said.
    "A lillipup!? Yay!" Nica cried.
    "Its a girl." Professor Juniper beamed.
    "Yay! Just what I wanted!" Nica laughed.
    "So, in conclusion to this, I would like to give you these... pokédexes." She said handing over three identical gadgets.

As Professor Juniper waved goodbye and got back into her car and headed to Nuvema town Cress and Chili brought out two presents. Ben opened his to find a blue XTransceiver and Nica opened hers to find a grey one. They looked at each other and smiled and put them on. Cameron just stood around looking at her green one, the one she had received prior to arriving. The three began to ring all at once. They turned them on.

"Hello! I see you've gotten your new XTransceivers!" Juniper said.
    "Yep! I love mine! Its the color of Herdier!" Nica laughed.
    "That's wonderful!" Juniper said.
    "Where are you?" Cameron asked.
    "Dear, I'm around Accumula Town, I had to stop to see something." She replied.
    "Oh, tell Grandpa I said hi, okay?" Cameron said.
    "Okay, I will." She replied.
    "So, what should we do first?" Nica said hanging up.
    "Let's battle our parents to get our first badge!" Ben said.
    "Are you guys so sure about that?" Cilan laughed.
    "Yes, we are!" Ben laughed.

Cress and Ben stood ready for battle. Cilan and Cameron stood ready for battle. Chili and Nica stood ready for battle. Each sent out their pokémon and began a triple battle.

"C'mon, Lillipup!" Nica said.
    "Pup!" It replied.
    "Go, Tepig!" Ben yelled.
    "Teeee piiiiig!" It yelled spewing fire.
    "Let's do it, Oshawott!" Cameron laughed.
    "Oshawwooootttt!!!!" It said.

"Are you ready Pansage?" Cilan asked.
    "Are you ready Pansear?" Chili asked.
    "Are you ready Panpour?" Cress asked.
    "Pan!" They replied.

They began a large battle in the town square, this began to attract people, including Fennel and her Musharna. Pansear's attacks were quickly dodged by the little lillipup, then it slammed against Pansear sending it flying into Panpour. They looked at each other and then Panpour grabbed Pansear's arms and began to spin around, it launched Pansear at Lillipup, but it dodged, with this Pansear landed and was knocked out. Panpour began to shoot water moves at Tepig, this would do serious damage, but Tepig was so spunky that it came through and knocked out Panpour. Finally Oshawott and Pansage were left to battle, Pansage began to use hyper beam, and Oshawott quickly scalchoped it and Pansage was knocked out.

"You did it!" Cress said.

They handed them over the Trio Badges. They began to wave to them and they left for Nacrene City. They weren't too far away, maybe they would find some pokémon on the way...

Last edited:

NinjaPawniard

Years
  • Chapter 2- The Festival of Black and White
    The gates of Nacrene City stood in the distance, Nica, Ben, and Cameron were on their way with Lillipup, Tepig, and Oshawott. They noticed something moving in the grass, it popped up! It was a girl and she had a snivy with her.

"Hello!" Nica said.
    "Uh, hi!" She replied.
    "What's your name?" Nica asked.
    "Ruth..." She replied.
    "My name is Nica, and your snivy looks so nice!" Nica said.
    "Snivy!" It replied.
    "Tepig!" Tepig replied.
    "Snivy!" It replied and slapped Tepig with its tail.
    "Snivy, please play nice." Ruth said.
    "Snivy." It replied sadly.
    "So, I'm Ben and this is Cameron." Ben said.
    "So, who's Tepig is this?" Ruth asked.
    "Mine." Ben said.
    "Alright. Would you mind battling me?" She replied.
    "Not at all!" Ben said.

Tepig and Snivy stood in front of each other. Ruth and Ben just stared at each other. Tepig launched an ember, but as it did two men ran between them getting hit by the attacks. One man was dressed in black, the other in white.

"What in the world?" The man in black said.
    "Who are you people?" Ben asked.
    "I am Darren." The man in black said.
    "I am Leroy." The man in white said.
    "Darren and Leroy? The mysterious leaders of Teams Darkness and Lightness?" Ruth asked.
    "The same." Leroy said.
    "What are you doing here?" Nica asked.
    "We're going to a meeting in Nacrene City." Leroy said.
    "Why would you tell them that?" Darren said.
    "Jeez, they sure are opposites." Cameron laughed.

Darren and Leroy ran towards the Nacrene City Gates. As they entered the gates Ruth, Nica, Ben, and Cameron began to follow them. They went through the gates and found themselves in Nacrene City.

"Today is the annual Festival of Black and White." Ruth said, being from Nacrene she knew this.
    "So, that's why Darren and Leroy are here." Cameron said.

Darren and two elite members of his team along with Leroy and two elite members of his team stood in the town center with Nacrene City Gym Leader Lenora.

"Today is the day we, Team Darkness, declare war against Team Lightness! We will no longer stand to allow them to push us around!" Darren yelled.
    "And we, Team Lightness, vow to defeat Team Darkness at all cost!" Leroy yelled.
    "We will summon the legendary Reshiram if we have to!" Darren said.
    "We will summon the legendary Zekrom if we have to!" Leroy screamed.
    "Both of you! Why must you fight?" Lenora said.
    "Shut up!" Darren said and he and his team stormed out towards Pinwheel Forest.
    "People, I am sorry that you had to see this." Lenora said.
    "Because of this, we would like you to enjoy free milkshakes at Fennel's restaurant." Hawes, Lenora's husband, said.
    "Hello! I'm Fennel!" Fennel said as she walked by Ben.
    "Yes, I know. I've met you before." Ben said.
    "Oh! You're Cress's son, Ben!" Fennel said.
    "Yes, I am." Ben replied.
    "So, you're on your journey now?" Fennel said.
    "Yes." Ben replied.

Fennel waved goodbye and headed towards her restaurant. Lenora stood ready for another announcement. She grabbed the microphone and yelled to get everyone's attention.

"To all of those here to challenge me, the Gym will be closed until tomorrow. Sorry." Lenora said.

"So, that's it? We have to stay here for a night." Nica said.
    "I bet Fennel will let us stay in her restaurant." Ben said.

Ben, Nica, Ruth, and Cameron went to Fennel's Restaurant called "The Dream Mist" and looked for Fennel. She waved at them and had them sit down at the table that was made just for her friends.

"What can I do for you?" Fennel asked.
    "We need to know if you have a place we can stay over night, seeing as the gym is closed." Ben said.
    "Oh, sure. You can stay here for tonight, but are you hungry?" Fennel replied.
    "Yes. Can we get some Dream Shakes?" Ben replied, he had had them back in Striaton City before.
    "Sure." Fennel replied.

She walked away and they looked at each other. Ben still owed Ruth a battle, but they wouldn't be able to do that yet. So they walked over to the couches and turned on the television. Ben instantly fell asleep as Fennel returned with their shakes, she laughed and took his and put it in the freezer for him to have tomorrow.

NinjaPawniard

Years
  • Chapter 3- The Watchog's Retaliation!

Watchog and Lenora stood outside of her Gym, which was also the museum. Ben, Nica, Cameron, and Ruth began to walk to the gym. Lenora invited them into her gym/museum. Lenora showed them the large skeleton of a Dragonite.

"So, this is what a dragonite looks like... internally." Cameron said.
    "Yes. And I heard there may be a Dratini coming to this very gym, for part of the Black and White Festival's raffle." Lenora said.
    "A dratini!" Cameron said.
    "Yes, but, you might not be here when the raffle ends, next week." Lenora said.
    "Oh... maybe my mother could come back and pick it up?" Cameron said.
    "That's if you win it." Lenora said.
    "Anyways, can we look around some more?" Ben said.
    "Oh yes, over here we have... oh my god... THEY TOOK THE STONES!" Lenora yelled.
    "What stones?" Nica asked.
    "The Yin Stone, a black stone, and the Yang Stone, a white stone.... each holds the soul of a legendary pokémon... Zekrom and Reshiram respectively." Lenora said.
    "I don't think they can summon them yet..." Nica replied.
    "You're right, and we have to get this gym battle done before we can do any searching..." Lenora said.

Lenora guided them towards the back of the museum where a large door opened into a library. She told them that they had to find their way into the gym and she would be waiting for them, she disappeared. Ben had heard what to do, so he walked around and read books, and eventually he got to the last book and it opened the door. They walked down to find Lenora and her Watchog and Herdier standing ready.

"So, you found out quickly, eh?" Lenora said.
    "Yes, we did." Cameron said.
    "Good!" Lenora laughed.
    "I challenge you first..." Ben said, and Tepig bounced around.
    "So be it. Shall we do a double battle?" Lenora said.
    "Oh, then, can it be Nica and I against you?" Ben asked.
    "Sure." She said.

Herdier and Watchog jumped onto the mat that was layed out. Tepig and Lillipup did the same. Herdier barked to its evolutionary sibling, it replied, but that only made Herdier growl.

"Lillipup!"
    "Heerrrdiiierrr!"
    "Teeepiiiggg!!!"
    "Watchog!"

"Okay, guys. Let's get ready!" Ben said.
    "Lillipup, you must use tackle!" Nica said.
    "Tepig, please use ember!" Ben said.
    "BOTH OF YOU ATTACK HERDIER." Ben and Nica said at the same time.

The two began to simultaneously attack Herdier, this confused it. Herdier was cornered as the fire from ember had hit him and then Lillipup slammed into it, because of the confusion and double hits, it knocked it out. Lillipup began to bark in satisfaction, but Lillipup began to glow white.

"Yes! Lillipup, our training has begun to work!" Nica said.

"Herrrddiiierrr!" It called.

"Good job!" Lenora laughed.
    "So, Herdier and Tepig versus Watchog? Interesting." Cameron said to Ruth.
    "Watchog, use RETALIATE!" Lenora said.
    "Retaliate? I've heard of that move... and its said... oh, no... BEN, NICA, make Tepig and Herdier dodge the move!" Ruth yelled.

"Herdier!" It yelled jumping out of the way.
    "Tepig!" It said, but it got hit and flew backwards.

The two pokémon teamed up, Herdier used take down and Tepig used tackle. The two hit Watchog with such a force that it was slammed into the ground, this made Watchog angry and it began to attack wildly, but the two pokémon began to attack with more fury, this knocked Watchog out.

"Congratulations, you two have won the Basic Badge." Lenora said giving them their badges.
    "So, its our turn?" Cameron asked.
    "Yes, get ready." Lenora said healing her pokémon.

Snivy and Oshawott stood together on the mat looking over at the other two pokémon, they still looked weakened from their last battle. Snivy began to use vine whip on Herdier, which did enough damage to it to make it run into the wall and knock itself out.

"Herdier!" Lenora said.

"Watcho...g.."

"So, you seem to know that they are severely tired..." Lenora said.
    "Okay, Oshawott, use water gun!" Cameron said.

Oshawott's water gun doused Watchog. Watchog just ignored the water and sat down, had it really become so tired that it was just giving up the fight? Tepig began to cheer the others on. Snivy and Oshawott both tackled Watchog and it pretended to faint.

"Well, you've bested me..." Lenora said handing over the basic badge to them.

The five of them went back up to the museum to find the Yin Stone back where it had been prior to the match. Team Lightness's leader Leroy stood near it, he saw Lenora and walked over to her.

"Lenora, I'm sorry for taking the stone, I just had to research it some more. I left a note, did you get it?" Leroy said.
    "A note?" Lenora asked.
    "Just as I thought, Darren must have taken it. The Yang Stone was still here when I took the Yin Stone." Leroy said.
    "Leroy, its okay, I don't care that you took the Yin Stone, you have the right to take it any time you need it, after all, I am all for your team." Lenora said.
    "Lenora is all for Team Lightness?" Cameron said.
    "Yes, I am. They are the good guys." Lenora said.
    "And the prophecy says that four people and four legendary pokémon will come to aid the Lightness in defeating the Darkness..." Leroy said.
    "LEROY! You shouldn't tell them about the prophecy yet." Lenora said.
    "Its too late, Lenora, they know." Leroy said.
    "..." The silence from the four made the situation weirder...

TO BE CONTINUED...

NinjaPawniard

Years
  • Chapter 4: The Forest Called Pinwheel!

"So... we're the Four Chosen Ones?" Nica asked.
    "Yes..." Leroy said.
    "Leroy..." Lenora said.
    "So... four people matched with four pokémon?" Cameron asked.
    "Yes." Leroy said.
    "Can we go to Castelia City now?" Ben asked impatiently.
    "Go." Leroy said.

Nica, Ruth, Cameron, and Ben departed. So, it was official, their trio had become a quartet. Tepig, Lillipup, Oshawott, and Snivy walked close behind them talking to each other in their own language.

"Osha wott, wott, wott." (So, we're part of the Chosen Ones?)
    "Snivy... sni.." (So... cliché)
    "Tepig, pig, pig!" (But, this is so cool!)
    "Lilli! Pup." (Well, Tepig's right.)

"I wonder what they're talking about..." Ben said.
    "Probably nothing." Nica said.
    "I wish I could understand them." Cameron said.
    "Being able to understand poké-speech? That sounds harder than Poké-Genetics." Ruth laughed.
    "Says you." Ben laughed.
    "What kind of pokémon live in here?" Cameron asked as they entered the forest.
    "I know Sewaddle does, and I want one of them." Ben said.
    "A sewaddle? Se-weet." Nica joked.

The grass around them begun to shake as a green pokémon jumped out and latched onto Ben's face. It was a Sewaddle, Ben laughed as he reached for a poké ball. Sewaddle begun to lick his face like a little puppy dog.

"I know this Sewaddle..." Ben said.
    "What...?" Cameron said.
    "I visited the forest a while ago.... and this exact one begun to play with me..." Ben said.

"Sewaddle! Waddle!" (Ben! I missed you!)

"Here, Sewaddle." Ben said throwing the poké ball at it.

Sewaddle loved the gesture and allowed the ball to capture it. Tepig jumped happily when it heard the final click. Ben allowed Sewaddle to come out of its poké ball and sit on his shoulder.

"Good boy!" Ben laughed.
    "So, you must love Sewaddle?" Nica said.
    "Yep. I do." Ben said.
    "How far from Castelia City are we?" Cameron asked.
    "I don't know... but we should camp here for tonight." Nica replied.

They began to set up two tents and laid down some sleeping bags. Sewaddle and Tepig began to eat the food that Nica had put out for all of them. Nica, Cameron, and Ruth were the ones in the tent while Ben slept outside with the pokémon.

TBC

Last edited:

NinjaPawniard

Years
  • Chapter 5: The Fight on Skyarrow Bridge

The edge of Pinwheel Forest was in the distance. Ben, Nica, Ruth, and Cameron were already on their way towards Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City. Ben's new sewaddle and his tepig had gotten along great the previous night, they had become as thick as thieves. A small pidove sat on the log that was near the gate to the Skyarrow Bridge. Cameron threw a poké ball at it, but it escaped.

"Good luck next time, Cam." Nica said.
    "If there is a next time..." Cameron said reluctantly.

Nica, Cameron, and Ben's XTransceivers began to ring. They answered them to see Professor Juniper. Ruth stood next to Ben just so Professor Juniper could see her.

"Hello..." She said.
    "Hi mom!" Cameron said.
    "I would like to inform you of the upcoming Nimbasa City Tournament, it is being held in four days." She said.
    "Four days? We can be in and out of Castelia in two." Ben said.
    "Where exactly are you?" She asked.
    "Pinwheel Forest." Cameron said.
    "Great. I will meet you guys in Nimbasa City in three days." She said.
    "Can you get Cress and my father too?" Nica asked.
    "Sure. I'll get Cilan as well." She said.
    "What about Fennel?" Ben asked.
    "She's going to be a judge." She said.
    "Great!" Ben said.
    "Well, I should be going." She said.

They turned off their XTransceivers and headed towards the gate of Skyarrow Bridge. The large bridge stood against the beautiful blue sky. They continued on to the bridge. As they did they noticed how long it was, and they soon began to dread the long walk ahead of them, but they had to do it.

"Out of our way!" Someone yelled.
    "Oh no, its a Darkness Grunt." Nica said.
    "What do you want, Grunt?" Ben asked.
    "I'm not a Grunt! I'm Team Darkness Executive Sam!" He said.
    "An executive, eh?" Nica said.
    "Yes, now out of my way! I have to deliver something to Leader Darren." He said.
    "So, something needs to be delivered... its the Yang Stone, isn't it?" Ben said.
    "How... how did you... You're the four, aren't you?" He said.
    "Yes, we are." Ben said.
    "We're going to make it known to you that we four are a threat to Team Darkness." Nica said.
    "BACK UP. I NEED BACK UP." Sam yelled into his walkie-talkie.

As soon as he said that at least ten grunts appeared beside him. Each reaching for their poké balls. Sewaddle, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, and Snivy were already ready for battle, so they took their place. Three woobat, three patrat, and four purrloin appeared ready for their battle.

"Ten against five?" Ben said.
    "Get over it, kid." The grunt said.
    "Kid?! KID!?!?! I'll show you kid!" Ben yelled.

Tepig began wildly attacking the patrat with its ember attack. As it did it began to glow in a white light, this was the evolutionary light. Tepig had evolved into Pignite. Pignite began to use a new move, arm thrust. This move knocked out the remaining patrat quickly, as it was a fighting type move. Swadloon began to string shot the grunts and Sam so they couldn't get away.

"You think we're weak?" Ben laughed.
    "Now I don't." Sam said reluctantly.
    "Hand over the stone." Ben demanded.
    "Fine. Its in that pouch." Sam said.

Ben grabbed the pouch and pulled the stone out, he held it up in triumph, but one of the remaining Woobat, Sam's woobat, flew off with it. This made Ruth mad and she grabbed for her other poké ball and out came her own woobat, that none of them had known about. Ruth's Woobat began to attack the other woobat and took the stone and gave it to Ruth who put it in her back pack. They continued on after calling Officer Jenny, whom quickly arrested the members of Team Darkness. They walked into the gates of Castelia City and stopped at the electronic bulletin board.

"Four kids stop thieves on Skyarrow Bridge. These kids have been called the heroic four and seem to be on their journey to obtain all eight gym badges and take on the Unova League. People also say that these four are the legendary four who are to be paired with the legendary Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo." it read.

"Cobalion..." Ben said.
    "Terrakion..." Nica said.
    "Virizion...." Cameron said.
    "Keldeo...." Ruth said.

Once they said the names of the four they looked at each other and realized that they had the same traits as the four pokémon of legend. The courageous leader, Ben. The heroic female, Cameron. The strong-willed friend, Nica. And the rescued one, Ruth. Each had been paired with the pokémon mentioned before they had even been born...

TBC

Back