• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Untitled Pokemon game

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Well I don't have much experience with Pokemon games(the only ones I had were Thunder Yellow and Jewel) but I suppose this might work out. At the beggining, the child professor, Billy Kamon, introduces himself and the world of Pokemon.

Story: You are a young teen from Brovetree Town. You start out with the ol' be a master thing. But you also wanna be the most well known trainer in the Rileok region. To do this you must raise your rep and maybe do a little world saving or you could conquer it. You've got the whole world in your hands.

FIXED***

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • hum, seems ok for a beginner except you should close the borders of the maps with trees, etc because it will be loads of work if you have to put teleport events all around the map :P

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Hmm.. Okay. always opened to constructive criticism.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • oh, and try learning something off the mapping tutorials in the game dev tutorial sub-forums. They will really help with your mapping :)

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    well I kind of did this in a rush to be asa non-symmetrical as possible(nature's beauty)

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • yes I know but I'll tell you what's wrong with the current version of your map:
    -- Too big for what it has, adding something in the middle like a fountain or something will do just fine.
    -- This is a Town/City, not a route therefore you should have roads that go to all or most of the houses.
    -- You used walkable water on some of the borders, this type of water is not suitable for borders.
    -- You repeated too much the rocks on the bottom of the map and the small trees on the sides, try to make a mix between big trees, small trees and rocks.
    -- Those houses have windows, try to put them on.
    -- There's a big absence of signs, there should be more signs (even if it's the wood ones) around the town/city.
    -- make the cave a bit bigger and more random.

I think that's all :)

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Hey! That all looks good! (Are you Bruno1440?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back