• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] Untitled Project - Pokemon using World of Warcraft Engine

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    General Info:
    • We are currently adding the first generation of pokemon into the game as well as the battle and capture mechanics. As we're doing so, we are creating our unique world and will be soon creating the concepts for our unique creatures.
    • The addition of the first gen pokemon is to generate notoriety as we move on to create our world and creatures that reside within.
    • The unique creatures will be called Prisma, trainers will be called Technicians(name subject to change), and creatures will be caught with a variety of prisms. These Prisma will upgrade, rather than evolve, and there will be fewer typings. As of right now, we are considering 16, which are: (1)Normal, (2)Fire, (3)Water, (4)Nature, (5)Earth, (6)Ice, (7)Air, (8)Poison, (9)Fighting, (10)Dark, (11)Light, (12)Metal, (13)Sound, (14)Phantom, (15)Psionic, and (16)Lightning.

We have these positions open:
    • 2D Artist - These artists will create the concept art for our unique creatures and possibly landscape/region and building concepts.
    • 3D Artist - As a 3D artist, you will use blender to create the unique creatures and possibly landscape/region and building based off of the concept art created.
    • Writer - Writers will be help create the story of the world and and may assist in lines of dialogue for specific NPCs. As you can see from this post, I could really use a writer or two.

Unique Features:
    • 3D overworld battles, on a similar level as Legends Arceus
    • Custom 3D world
    • Custom Creatures
    • It's a MMO
    • Clans / Guilds

First Prisma concept art.
    Untitled Project - Pokemon using World of Warcraft Engine

First iteration of the character creation screen.

First zone, akin to the tutorial area and possibly the first gym.

First iteration of the in battle move buttons.

We have a few short clips and more screenshots in our discord:
    https://discord.gg/gcx9Aa4pxN

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    How far into development are you ?

• 3D Artist - As a 3D artist, you will use blender to create the unique creatures and possibly landscape/region and building based off of the concept art created.

Thanks but I will use the 3D software which I see fit, thank you very much.

I will 'inquire' more about this game on your discord. I don't understand the vision or how you want your project to look like when finished. Do you know what you're asking for ?

And why use the WOW game engine, is it because you think it will be easier ? If so, I don't mean to sound negative here but the only person who I think find it easier is you. I don't see how it's a skill which is worth learning on my end. It's just not appealing. They are brilliant MMO templates on Unity or Unreal Engine for what you want to achieve, I think you would have more success in using one of those engines. I don't know about Godot, but Godot is very good too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    How far into development are you ?

I don't have an exact time, but I'm hoping to do an alpha by the end of January.

Thanks but I will use the 3D software which I see fit, thank you very much.

Blender will be used one way or another by someone in order for us to import the models.

Do you know what you're asking for ?

Yes, I do have a vision in mind. The 3D modelers will take the concept art and create 3d creatures that look similar to pokemon.

And why use the WOW game engine, is it because you think it will be easier ? If so, I don't mean to sound negative here but the only person who I think find it easier is you. I don't see how it's a skill which is worth learning on my end.

There are many resources and assets already available that I know how to work with. You will not need to learn anything about the game or the engine unless you yourself choose to.

They are brilliant MMO templates on Unity or Unreal Engine for what you want to achieve, I think you would have more success in using one of those engines. I don't know about Godot, but Godot is very good too.

I have considered this and it's still a possibility. If I were to use something else ot would be UE but I unfortunately have never used any of these other engines.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I hope you reach your deadline, I'm sure many people will be waiting for this project which although surprising at first looks promising.

Blender will be used one way or another by someone in order for us to import the models.

Yes, but one can still use their preferred software and transition via blender once done with their work. I'm not trying to bash Blender, I just wanted to say that it's up to the volunteer at the end of the day. I hope I didn't sound mean on that one.

There are many resources and assets already available that I know how to work with. You will not need to learn anything about the game or the engine unless you yourself choose to.

Ok, that's a fair point.

Maybe try UE for the next project then ;) ?

Good luck !

Back