• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Up arrow and B button

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
Years
  • Does anyone know if the pressing the Up Arrow and the B button at the same trick works like it did in Pokemon Blue and Red? Sorry, I left it pretty vague, it was supposed to make catching PKMN easier.

Last edited:

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • My friend says that saying "Gotch'a!" in the DS Microphone makes catching Pokemon easier...
    I think he's wrong... That would look ridiculous in public!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    They are very nice placebos… I still tap a / b repeatedly sometimes.

Years
  • Most of these trick thingys don't woke, but when I would get frustrated at a pokemon for falling asleep I'd yell wake up! into the ds microphone and concidentally it'd wake up everytime. :paranoid:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Whenever I throw a ball, I toggle my thumb so I hit A and B alternately. It doesn't do anything, though.
    Actually, I guess I do that anytime I am not on the overworld and I have nothing else to press (like while waiting for attack animations).

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • Whenever I throw a PokeBall, I press B when it opens, A when it closes, then B + A when it hits the ground. I then hold B + A until the ball stops shaking. That combo works for me.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I don't remember pushing the up button, but yeah there use to be a trick holding the B button after the ball moves the second time or something, but no, I don't think that tricks works anymore...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Sometimes when I have this feeling that Im going to get lucky I push the direction than the ball rolls, like ---->, <----, ---->. Usually when I do this it works but only when I have the feeling.(dont think Im making it up because I do sound crazy!)

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
  • I always use down + B for ultra ball, up + b for Pokeball, i have done it since i was like 5 lol

devmonster

Kyogre
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Does anyone know if the pressing the Up Arrow and the B button at the same trick works like it did in Pokemon Blue and Red? Sorry, I left it pretty vague, it was supposed to make catching PKMN easier.

lol.. I used to do this in Crystal.. but not in Diamond.. i guess i forgot about it

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
  • I tap A whenever the ball moves, then hold it at the last wobble.

It seems to work for me, I caught Dialga using an ultra ball using this method.

Back