• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Updated english ini for A-map 1.92 (new behaviour bytes and more!)

SIlverstanfan04

A Pokenerd like no other
Years
    • He/They
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    UPDATED ENGLISH INI FILE FOR ADVANCE MAP 1.92
    Hello to you fellow binary hackers, I've been hacking through various tools for almost 2 years now and the outdated tools are becoming more and more of a problem as time goes on.
    anyone who uses the de-comps will tell you there's far more documentation and features than compared to binary tools, as such Ive compiled all my knowledge and documentation from places such as the de-comps on git hub to bring A-map up to date.

What's new?
    All behavior bytes are accounted for! every possible byte I could find has been documented and named in A-map for you to use.
    More accurate names for A-map functions and bytes in FRLG.
    weather, map types, song names and more have been updated with more accurate or missing names!
    more event data fields have been identified! height and movement range are now properly named.
    multiple typos/miss-titled objects and features have been corrected! e.g "tree" encounters have been corrected to rock smash.
    plus various other small improvements for clarity and ease of use.

I hope any binary hackers who can't use the de-comps will find this useful.
    View attachment English.ini

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hey thanks, this is awesome. I've found a bunch of the documentation for the behavior bytes that's accumulated over the years and thought "maybe I should get into the ini and slot this in myself", but I never have the motivation to do it :P And now I don't have to! This is very helpful - with gen 3 romhacking approaching nearly 2 decades of knowledge and not a lot of unity or organization for that info, I think stuff like this is crucial.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The first lines of the INI file specify the version:
    [INI-Version]
    Sprache=English
    Version=1.93 (unnoffical)
    So is this to be replaced in Advance Map 1.92 or 1.93?

Back