• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uphill/Downhill Speed

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    I know this may come off as a no brainer to alot of you, but I'm having trouble with it. In a previous project, I was able to make a character move more slowly when going up a certain slope, and more quickly when going down it through the use of Events and adjusting the player's speed with the move route options. I recently tried this same method again, to no avail (i.e., the events do not activate when the player walks across them, as his speed does not change). Is the more recent version of Essentials not compatible with changing player speed in this method? Is there a peice of script I can call with an event to change the speed if that is the case? Please Help!

Years
  • Did you make sure the event is on "Player Touch"? As far as I can tell this seems to be the issue. (Also, if it still doesn't work make sure the event is activating properly)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Yea, I made sure to put it on Player Touch. To make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, I copied the event, deleted the functionality to change speed and replaced it with a message that said "Testing." When I walked over the space, it played the message. So for some reason, the speed thing just isn't working :T

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Yes I made sure to set that, I've checked all of these things and it should work XD Like I said, I did it before on another project with no issues, but I can't get it set up correctly here.
    The way the event is set, it is triggered by the direction the character is facing when moving over it. If he is facing up when he touches the events that constitute the slope's "base", he will move more slowly until he touches the events that consitute the slope's "peak", where his speed will change back to normal. The same is true in reverse, if he touches the "peak" events facing downward, his speed is quickened until he touches the "base" events, which return him to normal speed since he is facing downward.
    I also made sure to set the event to Player Touch, and when adjusting the Move Route, setting the speed changes to apply to the Player and not the event. I am simply boggled as to why this is having no effect when it worked exactly the same way fine before.

Back