• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Using Bug Bite shows an error and repeats, and how to make level up music play only once

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    Whenever an opponent uses Bug Bite the attack triggers an error message and repeats. It does this infinitely.

Spoiler:

When a Pokemon levels up the music plays again if I wait long enough. Is there a way to make it so the game only plays the level up music once?

Years
    To correct the Bug Bite error, you've to go to PokeBattle_MoveEffects script section, in line 6851 and change ret to return 0.
    Theoretically, to play a single effect, by temporarily stopping the background song, you've to use pbMEPlay for your "levelUp" song.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2016
    Thanks for all the help! I was actually wrong with the victory track. It is the track that plays when you defeat a trainer. It repeats and I cannot figure out how to stop it. I can search my code and find all the instances of "victory". It shows that it is playing a ME track but I don't know how to stop it from repeating.

Years
    It seems a bit strange and, in addition, we don't even have a piece of code. Could you show us, at least, the code where begins the sound effect whereof you told us about? Because I've a song that starts as soon as a trainer has been defeated, but, once finished, will not restart.

Back