• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

using Pokemon Go on iPod touch

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm sure this is the wrong place to ask but this forum doesn't have a Q&A thread. ???? I only have an iPod touch 5th generation and no actual phone so I was wondering,does Pokemon Go work well on iPod/iPad? Does it even work at all? Also do you need Wi-Fi for it to work??I really dont want to wait till I can buy a phone to use the games.:(

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm sure this is the wrong place to ask but this forum doesn't have a Q&A thread. ???? I only have an iPod touch 5th generation and no actual phone so I was wondering,does Pokemon Go work well on iPod/iPad? Does it even work at all? Also do you need Wi-Fi for it to work??I really dont want to wait till I can buy a phone to use the games.:(

I've heard that it's been working for user's with iPod Touch 5th Gen, however you will be extremely limited. Walking from place to place is rather an important component - being able to find pokemon, go to pokestops and hatch eggs. You'd lose a lot if you're not gonna have the Wi-Fi during the time you get from place to place.

Treecko

Years
    I've heard that it's been working for user's with iPod Touch 5th Gen, however you will be extremely limited. Walking from place to place is rather an important component - being able to find pokemon, go to pokestops and hatch eggs. You'd lose a lot if you're not gonna have the Wi-Fi during the time you get from place to place.

Yeah that's what I've experienced. It works well around my house, but as soon as I start walking several houses down, it goes out. Guess I'll have to find a Pokestop near a hotspot and can only use it at places with Wi-Fi.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Ok how did you get it to run cause I keep getting multiple errors from can't get a gps signal to unable to find player data and I am using an ipod touch 5th gen

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Hey,
    I would also love to know how you managed to get the game to run on a 5th gen ipod touch. i've been trying since it came out and i'm always getting the "no gps signal" problem

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    I get the same thing. "no gps signal" I have a iPod 6 generation. also there are no Pokemon around my house for anyone. because my friend who has it came over and she goes there's no Pokemon in your area at all! someone please help

Treecko

Years
    Ok how did you get it to run cause I keep getting multiple errors from can't get a gps signal to unable to find player data and I am using an ipod touch 5th gen

Hey,
    I would also love to know how you managed to get the game to run on a 5th gen ipod touch. i've been trying since it came out and i'm always getting the "no gps signal" problem

For the "no gps signal" thing I usually click the home button twice and then tap on the app to it and that does the trick. Sometimes I can also move my device a bit and it fixes the gps again. I'm hearing other people experiencing the gps signal going out and I think it's an error even people with smartphones experience. If so, I hope it's fixed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I think 5th generation has no gps chip, therefore not possible. I would send a link but I am not allowed to :(

Years
    iPods and most phones don't actually use true GPS, they just use an internet connection to determine where you are. I have a 4th gen iPod touch with location services, so definitely anything after it will have it too. If you're ALWAYS getting "no GPS" then you might have location services turned off (on an iPod, go to Settings > Privacy and turn location services on. On Android it's in the pulldown menu). If it's spotty, then it might be a problem with your internet connection. I've noticed that the "no GPS" notification will pop up when the wifi signal is weak or about to cut out (either as I'm approaching the edge of the wifi 'bubble', or in spots in the house where the signal is poor because of interference)

Last edited:
    Back