• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Utterly strange, weird & seriously identical...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Ok, this is seriously weird.
    I just noticed it when i got my Leafgreen last december.While i was looking for Tauros in the Saf. Zone, i folded my SP(Kills the suspense...) booted up the volume i heard a "R-a-r-a-r<>" I thought it was a Charizard, but it was A Rhyhorn!!!(This was the Weird thing, THEY HAVE THE SAME IDENTICAL CRY!!)
    Pokemon entry #6 & Pokemon Entry #111 Have identical cries!!(Charizard & Rhyhorn)
    Listen:
    http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/006/general (Charizard)

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/111/general (Rhyhorn)

But why need to make it identical??
    Do you think it is weird or i am just utterly Paranoid??
    Please freely post your opinions:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    They have the same cry. A few selected Pokemon do. I don't know the exact matches, but don't worry, you aren't paranoid

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • Yeah its mostly the older ones though. I thought it was retarted why they did that

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    But why identical?
    Didn't Nintendo put the Right & special Cry?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Wow they are the same!..
    At first I was like yeah they have 493 Pokemon to make cries for, they might as well re-use some, but both from the same Generation...

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Yup it is weird, but what other Pokemon have the same cries??(Please Don't type in Caps , its Deeply annoying..)

STK

Char-bok-a!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    I've noticed the same with Caterpie and Goldeen. Parasect, Mewtwo, and Mew also have the same cries. Jigglypuff, Poliwag, and Ditto too. I'mn sure there are others.

Something cool. Delibird's cry is Lugia's, only REALLY fast.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    OMG!
    That is identical!
    The only identical cries I know are: Ditto + (darn, forgot the name. >_<) and Gloom = (Darnit, forgot again. >_<)
    Sorry, I'd tell you, but I forgot! XD
    Iknow something matches their cry.

STK

Char-bok-a!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    You could be th9inking Vileplume and Aerodactyl.

Just remembered two that are VERY close. And these two aren't related. Machoke and Slobro.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Wow they are the same!..
    At first I was like yeah they have 493 Pokemon to make cries for, they might as well re-use some, but both from the same Generation...
    My guess would be that they had limited storage on the Game Boy, so they had some Pokemon with the same cry. Then when they made the next games, they left the cry the way it was.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Lots of Pokemon have identical cries. Like Nintendo is going to make unique cries for 493 Pokemon?

Also, Machop and Omanyte have the same cry, I believe.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ditto+Poliwag, Mewtwo+Parasect, Charizard+Ryhorn. I noticed this in RBY days.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    i remember when i first realised that but i just didn't care as there is a very slight

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    They have the means to do this, so I'm not sure why they don't just have voiceovers for their cries now.

I, personally, would find that annoying. The only reason pokemon say their names is so that little kids watching the show can learn their pogeymanz. I think the sounds are more interesting and 'realistic' compared to saying their name.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Well that's just a disagreement thing then I guess. I prefer the voices. There are several pokemon that I would not even care about in the least if it weren't for their voice in the anime (Nuzleaf, Linoone, Roserade, Budew, Pachirisu, etc.)

Back