• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Team - After The Storm and It's Still Dark

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    EV Spread: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    + Substitute
    + Leech Seed
    + Grass Knot
    + Hidden Power Fire
    Notes: Not a lot can beat Jolly 252 Speed Sceptile to the first punch. (Only Swellow and Electrode have a higher base speed). Unless one of the aforementioned Pokemon comes out, I can Substitute up, which not only allows me a free turn assuming they don't attack me, but it also allows me to scout. Leech Seed helps to drain the HP of tanks and bulky/annoying waters like Torkoal, Ludicolo and Registeel. Grass Knot helps with Regirock, Blastoise, Crawdaunt, etc. while HP Fire hurts other grass-types and countless others, namely Jynx and Torterra.

Regirock @ Leftovers
    EV Spread: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    + Thunder Wave
    + Stealth Rock
    + Rock Slide
    + Earthquake
    Notes: Just some paralysis support from Thunder Wave. Shuts down Electrode, Dodrio, and others that rely on speed, as well as any Sub set. Stealth Rock is just a rude move, but it certainly hurts Articuno and Moltres. I didn't know why the set didn't have Stone Edge on Smogon... maybe because the set relies on accuracy. Rock Slide still severely hurts the likes of Charizard and Vespiquen. (It's a one-hit KO, obviously.) Earthquake for any Rock, Steel, Fire, Poison, or Electric types that don't have a resisting secondary type.

Espeon @ Leftovers
    EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    + Psychic
    + Hidden Power Fighting
    + Calm Mind
    + Signal Beam
    Notes: Espeon sure has a mighty Special Attack. After I've used Calm Mind, I can sweep with my other three moves. Psychic has STAB and hurts Hitmonlee and friends. HP Fighting helps with the Dark-type Pokemon that are immune to Psychic: namely Houndoom and Absol. Signal Beam hurts other Psychic-types as well as Grass and Dark types. (Cacturne, Jumpluff, Hypno, etc.) The only thing I worry about is Pursuit Spiritomb which Signal Beam should do decent damage to anyway.

Swellow @ Flame Orb
    EV Spread: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    + Facade
    + Brave Bird
    + U-turn
    + Pursuit
    Notes: Nothing new, but Facade does get STAB and a 140 Base Power here. Brave Bird isn't bad either, and helps with Medicham and other fighters. When I need to get out, U-Turn certainly works. Pursuit could hurt Mr. Exeggutor trying to switch out.
    Slowking@Leftovers
    EV Spread: 212 HP / 44 SpA / 252 SpD
    Bold Nature
    + Slack Off
    + Surf
    + Ice Beam
    + Hidden Power Electric
    Notes: Modified Slowbro set. HP Electric, Surf and Ice Beam are obviously just for a little bit of coverage while I stall around with Slack Off. This set shouldn't require much explanation, or energy on my part.
    Honchkrow@Life Orb
    EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    + Sucker Punch
    + Drill Peck
    + Superpower
    + Pursuit
    Notes: An interesting Pokemon, certainly. Assuming I'm not OHKOd (which I shouldn't be), this thing severely injures Ninetales and Rapidash and can't be put to sleep. Superpower and Drill Peck together are nice coverage. Dark-type Pursuit and Sucker Punch require prediction but work well.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    First off, that CSS is annoying as heck. Second, you should run Timid on Sceptile, not Jolly. Jolly lowers your Special Attack, which Sceptile needs.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    First off, that CSS is annoying as heck. Second, you should run Timid on Sceptile, not Jolly. Jolly lowers your Special Attack, which Sceptile needs.
    Whoops, the Jolly on Sceptile was a typo. I was having trouble choosing between the physical and special sets.

And I can change the CSS to black text and white background, but that would require a lot of time, patience, energy, and fortitude, of which I have none right now. Plus, I'm sure I would mess something up and then it would look worse than before. Are you using a dark and/or reddish theme? That could be what's making it look annoying.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    I'm using the standard theme and I think the CSS looks nice...
    Anyways, I'd go with Shadow Ball > Signal Beam on Espeon - I use that set myself and you don't get any significant coverage at all outside of grass types, which Psychic hits harder anyways. +1 HP Fighting OHKOs Cacturne iirc, but you wouldn't want to stay in on him anyways because of Sucker Punch. Everything else looks OK but I'd use Hammer Arm > Earthquake on Regirock, but that's just my preference for coverage.

Back