• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Team

DragonLordAL

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    Butterfree @Scarf
    Timid
    4hp 252satk 252spe
    Bug Buzz
    Hidden Power Ice
    Sleep Powerder
    Stun Spore

I put something to sleep and switch. Very useful since it outspeeds everything without a scarf.

Shuckle @leftovers
    Impish
    252hp 252def 4sdef
    Knock off
    Rest
    Toxic/Stealth Rock
    Encore

Annoying to the opponent. He toxicates whatever, and encores setup users. He also knocks off Foes item which makes them die quicker.

Hitmonchan @leftovers
    Adamant
    252hp 176atk 80def
    Close Combat/Sky Uppercut
    Ice Punch/Fire Punch
    ThunderPunch
    Bullet Punch

Bulky Chan. Something I have been testing and its working good. He kills one or two things because he takes the hits. Close combat is there because it is a reliable stab.

Quagsire @leftovers[planning to to replace for either swellow, hypno(if I can find a legit wisher anywhere), or wishing clefable.]
    Relaxed
    252hp 40atk 200def 12satk
    EQ
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Protect

Manectric @life orb
    Timid
    4hp 252satk 252spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power grass
    Flamethrower
    Charge Beam

Blastoise @leftovers
    Bold
    148hp 252def 108sdef
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Roar
    Rapid Spin

My spinner and mixed tank. 148 evs puts him at max leftover recovery. Roar might not be good considering I have no spikes or anything,

Planing to replace Quag for either a special wall or a swellow. Not sure which would be better

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Butterfree @ScarfTimid
    138 HP/ 152 Sp. Def./ 120 Def./ 100 Speed
    Bug Buzz
    Hidden Power Ice
    Sleep Powerder
    Stun Spore

I put something to sleep and switch. Very useful since it outspeeds everything without a scarf.
    Scarfing this Butterfree is not a good idea. Scarf makes it keep usin the same move, and with ur double powder free, you'll run into trouble. I would run a Wide lens, that way you can make the most of your double powders. Also, dont put so many sp. attk. EVs on Free. Since you want this guy to sta and inflict status, you should put more in on HP and Def and sp. Def.

Shuckle @leftovers
    Impish
    252hp 252def 4sdef
    Knock off
    Rest/SR
    Toxic
    Encore

Annoying to the opponent. He toxicates whatever, and encores setup users. He also knocks off Foes item which makes them die quicker.
    Meh, not bad, you could replace rest with stealth rock, that way you could utilize that roar on blastoise.

Hitmonchan @leftovers
    Adamant
    252hp 176atk 80def
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch Fire Punch
    ThunderPunch
    Mach Punch

Bulky Chan. Something I have been testing and its working good. He kills one or two things because he takes the hits. Close combat is there because it is a reliable stab.
    Bulky Chan? I would put more EVs into the sp, def department if i were you. Remember that since most ppl throw away flying types, psychic types will kill you on the special attack. Also, trade Ice Punch for Fire punch. fire punch helps cover bulky steels and rass types that can get rid of you, and ice punch's main objective is covered by thunderpunch.

Quagsire @leftovers
    Relaxed
    252hp 40atk 200def 12satk
    EQ
    Ice Beam
    ToxicSurf
    Protect

Another toxicater. He hits alot with super effective damage. Toxic is for wittling down bulkier opponents.
    You don't need another toxicator. Usually, 1 toxic guy should be fine. I would go with surf>>> toxic for STAB

Manectric @life orb
    Timid
    4hp 252satk 252spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power grass
    Flamethrower
    Thunder wave

My special sweeper. Great coverage and T wave for before death scenarios.

OK

Blastoise @leftovers
    Bold
    148hp 252def 108sdef
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Roar/EQ
    Rapid Spin

My spinner and mixed tank. 148 evs puts him at max leftover recovery. Roar might not be good considering I have no spikes or anything,
    If you choose to put SR on shuckle, go with roar, otherwise, use EQ for coverage.

Any comments appriciated.

My comments are in green. Your team needs quite a bit of help.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Why should he get rid of Ice Punch for Fire Punch? Hitmonchan already deals with steels with Close Combat.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Butterfree @ Lum Berry
    Jolly
    4hp 252 Atk 252spe
    U-Turn
    Safeguard / Tailwind

Sleep Powder
    Stun Spore

Scarf is... eh. Use Lum Berry to counter Persian and Rapidash leads, and U-Turn to scout.

Shuckle @leftovers
    Impish
    252hp 252def 4sdef
    Knock off
    Rest
    Toxic
    Encore

This Shuckle is okay.

Hitmonchan @leftovers
    Adamant
    252hp 176atk 80def
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    ThunderPunch
    Mach Punch

It's a custom set, but eh... You'd rather give those 80 EVs to Speed, so at least you reach 208, making you faster than some stuff that could cause you problems. I still prefer the Agility Hitmonchan, though.

Quagsire @leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
    EQ
    Ice Beam
    Toxic
    Protect

I've provided you a better EV spread.

Manectric @ life orb / Petaya Berry
    Timid
    36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power grass
    Flamethrower
    Substitute / Charge Beam

Ew, no Thunder Wave. Manectric just doesn't need it. I've also provided a spread that puts you above Base 100 Speed Pokémon, and give you some more HP. Use Substitute with Petaya Berry and an even HP number so Petaya activates after three Subs, but get an odd HP number when using Life Orb + Charge Beam.

Blastoise @leftovers
    Bold
    148hp 252def 108sdef
    Surf
    Ice beam
    Roar/???
    Rapid Spin

I guess it can work as mixed wall. Oh well. Roar works for PHazing, but Yawn is always useful, and Toxic will be your only way to hit Lanturn and Dewgong.

Separate Pokémon analysis are bolded in the quote. Now, for the overall~

Your team cannot deal with Leafeon. Just can't. If the opponent manages to kill Manectric, your team is dead. Shuckle can't do anything to it if it Subs, and Shuckle can't really hold his guts against a +2 Atk Leafeon. So preserve your Manectric well, or add in a Swellow.

Talking about Swellow, again, Shuckle is your only hope against it. You'll have to revenge kill it, but then it'll just U-Turn to a counter.

As a whole, your team depends too much on Manectric and Shuckle. I'd really consider making that Hitmonchan an Agilichan so you have some more hope of sweeping a team. Following the above member's advice of using Stealth Rock on Shuckle may help out with Swellow, too.

So, my advices are;
    Keep Manectric alive. It'll be your late game sweeper.
    Do not send Shuckle repeatedly in. It's your only hope against many sweepers.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Deivi brought up a lot of good points that i failed to notice. 0_0

Hitmonchan does need work, though. Mach Punch... don't need. You already have CC for STAB.Y not try this set instead?

Hitmonchan @leftovers
    Adamant nature
    252 HP/ 80 Speed/ 176Attk

Agility
    Close Combat
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch/Bullet Punch

Fire Punch if you want to get rid of any venomoth or leafeon in your path, bullet punch if you want a first strike.

I hate to say this... but your team is lacking in the speed department. Add a Jolly Swellow in there in place of probably quagsire. The speed helps you out a lot and counters yourleafeon weakness.

This Shuckle is okay.

Not.

This Shuckle is gonna have to absorb status, act as a wall, and set up some rocks to defend swellow. The EV spread is good enough, but the moveset should be somehing like:

Stealth Rock
    Toxic
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Resttalk shuckle should work out fine

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Like hell! I may not like Shuckle, but even I don't like that set. What is he Talking at? Stealth Rock? Toxic? what if he uses it when SR is out, and he is already fighting a Toxic'ed poke, or a poke who doesn't give a crap about status?

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Not.

This Shuckle is gonna have to absorb status, act as a wall, and set up some rocks to defend swellow. The EV spread is good enough, but the moveset should be somehing like:

Stealth Rock
    Toxic
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Resttalk shuckle should work out fine

gafhsugl

Shuckle NEEDS Encore. Or else it's set-up fodder to anything immune to to Toxic. Good luck beating a Swords Dance Toxicroak or Calm Mind Grumpig now.

DragonLordAL

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    Thanks for the help, currently I cannot edit the first post so I will do that tommarow.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I have to laugh and give you props for that statement Sims.

Bulky Hitmonchan with Close Combat? Those two things don't help one another very well. Revise with a different fighting move, plan to slap on a Band or Scarf, or go Agility. He won't be taking hits for long on a bulky set without Wish support.

You have nothing that can take special attacks easily, and you have two bulky waters. Replace one for something like Grumpig or Hypno.

I'm no big knowledge bank on UU (leave that to Syaoran), but you REALLY might want Roar if you keep Blastoise, that way you can still phaze out CMers because once Hitmonchan dies, then CM Clefable might be able to easily set up without trouble.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    AgiliChan should be carrying Close Combat, Thunder Punch and Ice Punch. Ice Punch is for Altaria, Rotom, Vileplume.. which are very common in UU.

About Shuckle, I don't see it fitting your team very well.. you might wanna consider Steelix instead for setting SR and being a generally better physical wall.

You still need a special wall, so Hypno might be a good option to counter ninetales, or maybe even pass some Nasty Plots to Manectric.

Back