• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] (V17.2) Need Help with hatching animation

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Hi, i put some custom egg sprites into my game. But when the egg animation starts it shows me that error. I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Attachments

• (V17.2) Need Help with hatching animation
      Egghatchprob.png
      32.2 KB · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    It looks like it can't recognize your custom egg sprites. Are you sure that they are named "XXXeggCracks.png", where XXX is the internal ID of the Pokemon, in the folder "Graphics/Battlers/"? Also, do you still have the default "eggCracks.png" picture?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Yes, i tried that. When i open the summary, the sprite looks okay. It's when it hatches that the message shows. I just tried to remove the custom sprite and it shows the same message. I have Elite Battle System in my game. Could it be that?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hm, I'm not really sure if EBS would be causing the issue or not. You could try uninstalling it to see if that is somehow the issue. Can you show what lines 38 - 48 look like in the script section "PScreen_EggHatching"? Besides that, the only thing I can think of is that your graphics are not named properly or are not in the correct folder, but if you're absolutely sure that they are correct, then I'm not really sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    That looks ALMOST the same as default Essentials, except the file paths listed in lines 39, 41, and 43. This is the default Essentials version of lines 39-45:
    Code:
        crackfilename=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%seggCracks",getConstantName(PBSpecies,@pokemon.species)) rescue nil
        if !pbResolveBitmap(crackfilename)
          crackfilename=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03deggCracks",@pokemon.species)
          if !pbResolveBitmap(crackfilename)
            crackfilename=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/eggCracks")
          end
        end
    So in default Essentials, you would place all your egg files in "Graphics/Battlers/", but it looks like you need to create a new folder WITHIN "Graphics/Battlers/" called "Eggs" and place your egg files in there.

Or were you already trying to add the "Eggs" folder yourself? In that case, I don't know why it wouldn't work, but you could consider using the default Essentials version by replacing lines 39-45 with what I showed above, then putting the egg files in "Graphics/Battlers/".

Back