• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] V20 - Says "Could not read Game.ini"?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I just got V20 installed. Vanilla, it runs perfectly fine. But when I run the version that uses Gen 8 ((broken link removed)), I get this error saying "Could not read Game.ini." I copied the file from the vanilla version into the Gen 8 copy and I still get the same error. I followed what the page said to do for adding the stuff in but am not getting the results they said. Google search provided me no answers. No idea what to do from here on to get this running right.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Here is screenshot of the error. No, I can't move the window to show more of the DOS window. Yes, my game does have a Game.ini file (see initial post).
    V20 - Says "Could not read Game.ini"?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I went ahead and downloaded the V20.1 version since that released. I added the graphics and audio from the Gen 8 pack as it didn't look like the V20.1 had them. I left the PBS alone as the pokemon list was updated up to gen 8 in the V20.1. Ran it as a test run and it's working. So I think I'll just work with V20.1 rather than trying to make V20.0 work. 😛 Whatever the issue was, it's either something with V20.0 that V20.1 fixed OR it's something with that pokemon PBS file that was causing issues.

Back