• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Vaati's Boardlockes: The Ekans & Ladders Challenge

VaatiRulesets

Check my custom rulesets on my signature ^^ [PC Vi
Days
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    What is a Boardlocke? : A Boardlocke is any type of Nuzlocke that involves a board game.

Qwu4e2b.png

morJ8K4.png

Please don't take this challenge very seriously, it was more of a meme idea at first but I ended up wanting to develop the idea and I'm actually having fun with it in my test run^^

The Ekans & Ladders Challenge is a mix of a Hardcore Nuzlocke and the board game "Snakes and Ladders". The objective of the challenge is to pass through the finish line of the board as many times as possible!

Start the challenge by choosing a Zone List, a Ruleset and if you will be playing on [Loop Mode] or [Random Mode] as well as which game(s) you will be using for the challenge, then place a piece on "START", just before Zone 1.

The different Zone Lists define which rewards or punishments may happen to you during the challenge, the [Standard Zone List] requires the use of a savefile editing tool while the [Regular Zone List] does not require to hack any game. Feel free to make your own Zone Lists!

This challenge has two rulesets: the Type Ban Ruleset and the Deathless Ruleset.

The Loop Mode has a defined order of the games that you will be playing while the Random Mode does not.

Examples:

•[Loop Mode: Emerald] means the challenge will only be played on Emerald, after ending the playthrough it will start over.

•[Loop Mode: Emerald Randomizer] means the challenge will only be played on a randomized version of Emerald, after ending the playthrough it will start over. However, each playthrough will be re-randomized.

•[Loop Mode: Emerald - Fire Red - Y] means the playthrough will start on Emerald, then Fire Red, then Y and then it will go through Emerald again and continue the loop.

•[Random Mode: Diamond - Omega Ruby - Black - Scarlet] means each time a playthrough is started, the game to play will be chosen at random between those 4 games, once finished the next game will once again be chosen randomly from those 4 games.

RULESETS:

Type Ban Ruleset:

Spoiler:

Deathless Ruleset:

Spoiler:

ZONE LISTS:

Standard Zone List:

Spoiler:

Regular Zone List:

Spoiler:

Challengers:

Spoiler:

Hall of Fame (at least 1 Lap):

Spoiler:

Last edited:

VaatiRulesets

Check my custom rulesets on my signature ^^ [PC Vi
    Days
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Name: Vaati
    Challenge Type: [Deathless Ruleset] [Loop Mode: X - HeartGold - Omega Ruby] [Standard Zone List]

First Update^^

I just completed Pokémon X and here is resume of my first playthrough of the challenge:

Spoiler:

Current Completed Laps: 1
    Current Zone: 6

Last edited:
    Back