• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Valentine's Day pokemon Go event

Years
    So it will soon by the day for all things love....and niantic are overdue creating an event. So what could it be and more importantly what would you like to see? More smoochums? Maybe the possibility of breeding?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2017
    Are they doing anything for Valentine's? Halloween was fantastic! I loved that event. It was great to get candies so quick when walking. They should totally do that again.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    They did an event harboe. Double candies and they increased the spawnrates for the terrible pink Pokemon like Slowpoke and Jigglypuff but not Chansey or Porygon unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    They did an event harboe. Double candies and they increased the spawnrates for the terrible pink Pokemon like Slowpoke and Jigglypuff but not Chansey or Porygon unfortunately.

I've have managed to catch 5-6 each Chansey and Porygon during this event ...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    About the only good thing about this event was Igglybuff and the double candies. I'm not sure where they increased the spawnrates for Chansey but they werent here. And imo if they aren't increased everywhere then they aten't increased at all. I mean Gastly and Cubone were everywhere. Here we had an increase of Jigglypuff, Slowpoke, Lickitung and Exeggcute. To a lesser extent Clefairy. During the Halloween event I also saw more Gengar's though rarely. I thought Chansey would at least be rare, not extinct

I did manage to find a Porygon at the mall u fortinately it was in the mall where Pokemon Go doesn't work.

Years
    About the only good thing about this event was Igglybuff and the double candies. I'm not sure where they increased the spawnrates for Chansey but they werent here. And imo if they aren't increased everywhere then they aten't increased at all. I mean Gastly and Cubone were everywhere. Here we had an increase of Jigglypuff, Slowpoke, Lickitung and Exeggcute. To a lesser extent Clefairy. During the Halloween event I also saw more Gengar's though rarely. I thought Chansey would at least be rare, not extinct

I did manage to find a Porygon at the mall u fortinately it was in the mall where Pokemon Go doesn't work.

Apparently gen2 is going to be released I will believe it when I see it!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I only managed to get 30 candies for each Chansey and Porygon, but better then nothing. Even a wonder Chansey! but nothing good for Porygon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    if you go back and read their news release it said " increased spawn rate for Chansey, Clefairy, and other pink pokemon".

they named Chansey and Clefairy specifically. i did not see a single spawn of either of these. did not see a single porygon either.

it was just exeggecute and jigglypuffs everywhere. really disappointed in that event.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I saw quite a few Jigglypuff, Exeggcute and I even hatched 3 Slowpoke during the event.

Not sure about purple Pokemon, Rattata and Venonat were spawning in hordes.

I saw one Porygon but wasn't able to catch it as it spawned in the mall and they have some kind of metal roof that allows your chatacter to move around but it makes Pokestops white, prevents Pokemon was spawning though the tracker works, I also couldn't log in inside the mall and had to run outside whenever the game froze. I went there in hopes that I could walk around indoors with it being winter here but that was a fail. Still not sure why there are gyms there with Pokemon in them. Like apparently some phones work there but not mine. The only way I could have it was to go on the roof it seems.

I read somewhere that Chansey are found in suburban neighborhoods and hospitals. But if they have an increased spawnrate they should spawn anywhere not just be more common in the 2 random locations they appear at now.

The double candies helped with Arcanine, Dodrio, Gyarados and I also found Snorlax and Onix during the event and they aren't even pink.

Last edited:
    Back