• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VBA Question

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2010
    I've been playing a game on 1 computewr using the VBA 1.8 BETA vesrion, but at home on my own PC can only run the 1.72 version, is it possible at all to run the .sgm from the newer version on the older version? Or anyway at all of running my saved game on the older version?

I've started using the VBA Link emulator now for my game, but when i save, it is saving as a .sa1 and a .sg1 file, what is the difference between these and a .sgm file, which is the only thing i can load?

Ok, it turns out i managed to rename the .sg1 file to .sgm and it works, but i have another problem now with it, when i link the games together, i keep getting a problem saving, saying i need to replace the backup memory. How do i get around this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    I don't think that the .sgm files from newer versions of VBA work on older versions. However, if you take the battery save file (.sav) and use that on the older version it should still work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2010
    I tried that also, but it didn't seem to work, i just got the normal message about the 1m circuit not being found

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Well that is game specific. You have to make a separate .ini file. You can make it in Notepad or any other text editing program.

Now you have to type in these values for the game that you're playing:

Pokemon - Emerald Version (UE)
    [BPEE]
    rtcEnabled=1
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon - Fire Red Version (UE)
    [BPRE]
    flashSize=131072

Pokemon - Leaf Green Version (U)
    [BPGE]
    flashSize=131072

Make sure you save the file in the same directory as the VBA.exe. This .ini will cause the emulator to use the proper save type.

Back