• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Velocity's Checkpoint

Years
Hey guys! I've got a new section for you, which features my newest artwork for Pokemon Tau, which some of you may have seen in the Progressing Games section. I put it here so you guys can criticize it and I can get better at what I do :) By the way, I'm trying to go for pure Sugi-art.

SO! Here are the pieces in the reversed order I put them up on the projects thread, with the latest up front :) Enjoy, but most of all, criticize!

Lollifly.png

#012 Lollifly

Spoiler:

Flashback Fakedex

Banner_Dex.png

001 ~ 010
Spoiler:

011 ~ 020
Spoiler:

021 ~ 030
Spoiler:

031 ~ 040
Spoiler:

041 ~ 050
Spoiler:

061 ~ 070
Spoiler:

070 ~ 079
Spoiler:

Banner_Trainers.png

Main characters
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Banner_Badges.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Reactions: BT

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
Years
these look really cool, i was never a real fan of Fakemon to begin with but these are done to a higher quality than what i'm used to and i really don't mind them at all Clamb and Sheembus look like they belong to the Kalos Region. They would really fit in around the Skiddo Ranch. Chaorage looks like a Bad ass Dark/Electric type nemesis to Suicune. Could have been introduced as a Pokemon forgotten in recent times but occasionally documented in folklore.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Once upon a time, I was part of a fangame project called pokemon Quartz & Turquoise. The team has since then dissolved, but much of the artwork is still googlable. It so happens I was the main artist for the project (known as Venom), and I want to share my work with you here.

I do plan to start my own game project, but I'm unsure yet if I will reuse these pokemon and characters. Feel free to use the pieces should it inspire you stories or more artwork, and remember that credit is appreciated. I would also be pleased to know!

Note: I'm not posting everything at once as it would be waaay long. And that way I hope to keep the thread active as well :D I hope you guys appreciate!

Fakedex
Spoiler:

Trainers
Spoiler:

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Badges
Spoiler:

Really cool!
I really appreciate fakemons and your's are very beautiful and interesting!
The first three ( the starters I guess) are very cute ^^
Good luck creating your fanmade Pokémon game! When you finish I'll appreciate playing it!

Years
Cool I'm glad you guys like them!

To be honest you will notice the quality varies from an artwork to the other, as I was making progress every time. I haven't posted my favorites yet!

And you're also giving me an idea :O I never really thought about a background for any of these, but you're comments give me ideas for short pokédex description I can add. If you have any more inspiration for descriptions or backgrounds, leave it here so I can add details and hopefully make these come more to life.

Also I'm thinking about adding one work every 1 or 2 days. The one for today will be another pokémon (see 1st post for more information):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Reactions: ZKE
Years
Hi guys! Today there are three new images from the spark gym! And that is because it has two gym leaders, one of which I will display here as a teaser:

Spoiler:

Reactions: ZKE

Ravenide

The Arting Starvist
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 29, 2016
Your trainers look great, and Chaorage is just badass!

Years
Hey guys :) ! Today I discovered the magic of png images. I will try to eventually clean the first post of these ugly white backgrounds

If you check the fakedex you will see that the starters second stages have been added. Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
These are actually pretty cool. They're creative without going overboard. I find a lot of Fakemon get way too weird too fast. These don't make me feel weird though. :P

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Wow! i love how you draw the characters, specially the gym leaders.
If i look at jordan i can see his personallity so well, its really well done!
+ the positioning works really well, keep going like this and improve!

BT

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
I really like all of these!

Chaorage and Aereon caught my eyes as very cool.

Good luck on your ventures and completing this Fakedex!

EDIT: I also noticed and like how you typed the grass starter from the beginning. I like how it is helpful if u pick a water starter, though I'd pick grass maybe.

Years
These are actually pretty cool. They're creative without going overboard. I find a lot of Fakemon get way too weird too fast. These don't make me feel weird though. :P

Thanks! I think the same. When I create pokemon, the two things I keep in mind are to make it original, yet keep it simple. That's what I hope will make them look as legit as possible.

Wow! i love how you draw the characters, specially the gym leaders.
If i look at jordan i can see his personallity so well, its really well done!
+ the positioning works really well, keep going like this and improve!

I appreciate your enthusiasm haha :P Jordan was not one of my first character designs, but he definitely has something different. I did quite a lot more characters after this, I hope you will also enjoy!

Thanks Peet too!

GALLERY UPDATE:
- Kept cleaning the mess
- Added banners
- Added #018 Pippadee:
018.png

- Added Obscure badge:
Obscur_Large.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
It makes me mad when I see these amazing drawings and we end up with Klefki

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
I actually think Klefki is awesome in many ways, but seriously, these drawings are amazing! I'm partial to Messypus. It's just so cute omg.

Yes, Klefki is at least thought out in it, however heliolisk and barbaracle for me are horrible

Back