• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC Double Team

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Hey guys. I've recently started getting back into doubles and I was wondering if you could give my team a rate. This team has compiled a 17-21 record on showdown. Not too bad, but it has a lot of room for improvement.
    Machamp Abomasnow and Weavile work pretty well together. Im open to changing those three, but I think they all three work well together. Abomasnow is great for countering weather so I like using him. Weavile is fake out of course. Machamp's wide guard is greatly appreciated and Dynamic Punch with No Guard is great. I'm looking to replace the other 3. I'm kind of considering switching out Cress for Latias with Heal Pulse. I need some support, but I'm not really liking Cress all that much. Thanks for the help in advance.
    -Munchlax
    Here's my Team:

Abomasnow (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Snow Warning
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Gentle Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Shard
    - Protect

Machamp @ Payapa Berry
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Wide Guard
    - DynamicPunch
    - Earthquake
    - Bullet Punch

Weavile
    Trait: Pickpocket
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Punch
    - Protect
    - Fake Out
    - Night Slash

Cresselia (F) @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Light Screen
    - Rest
    - Psychic
    - Icy Wind

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Discharge
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Pain Split

Hydreigon @ Lum Berry
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Protect
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • You're massively fighting weak. Things like Scrafty, Machamp, and Conkledurr are really common and will just eat your team alive. Scrafty is especially dangerous because 3 of your team is weak to it and Cress can't do anything to it.

If you're using Abomasnow for just weather, you're using it wrong. Either use the weather in some way (hell, use your opponent's weather) or ignore it completely.

Latias for Heal Pulse support is dangerous but if you can pull it off, go for it. You'll probably have to go for a really defensive build like 252 HP/252 SpD/4 SpA (or switch SpA with SpD) but be aware that Latias is unlikely to do any more than 2 heals before dying.

(full detail stuff later)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Move Weaviles EVs to Atk and Spe and change its nature to Jolly. Its too frail to make use of bulk investments and its sole niche is providing Fake Out support and dealing massive damage to common threats with its unique STAB. Also change its Ability to Pressure so that you can scout for stuff like scarfed Salamence, Zapdos, weather starters, etc. It also helps with stalling out moves like Hydro Pump and Stone Edge.

Giving Abomasnow a Quiet nature allows it to be the slowest weather starter (except Iron Ball/Fling Tyranitars). Switch Light Screen on Cresselia to Trick Room, as this would give you a 'slow mode' allowing Machamp and Abomasnow to be more than just sitting ducks.

Lastly, switch Discharge on Rotom to Thunderbolt as you have no Ground-type teammates.

Edit: Honestly, I'd swap Rotom with either Jellicent or Chandelure. Both give you another Trick Room option and a Fighting immunity (you're really fighting weak like Griff said). Both also check Heatran, something else that threatens you.

Last edited:
    Back