• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elise

ニャーニャー
Years
  • Rage on me if you like, but I think the black pokie is actually kinda cool.. ('cept for it's legs) If it weren't a a pokemon I'd love and accept it's jet like tail without a problem. The only reason I'm having trouble is the it's a beast, not a machine factor.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I'm surprised I didn't find a thread for this already. Anyways:

10ptu2e.png

What'cha think? The white one is Reshiram, and the black is Zekrom. The black one reminds me of a monochrome Palkia...

EDIT: Adding the high-quality images that Rukario posted, for your viewing pleasure...

They are Yin and Yang most likely

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • The White one looks Flying/Ghost/Light lol
    And the Black one looks Dark/Steel

I don't like either one better. I'll just choose the less-popular game.
    And I think they look too big and complicated and color-plain and Palkia-ish. They don't really look like Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The White one looks Flying/Ghost/Light lol
    And the Black one looks Dark/Steel

I don't like either one better. I'll just choose the less-popular game.
    And I think they look too big and complicated and color-plain and Palkia-ish. They don't really look like Pokemon.
    your right, like many and I myself have noticed they look digimon more than pokemon but that's isn't a bad thing. I like both of these legendaries, wonder what other cool legendaries we are going to get...especially the third version mascot which tends to look cooler than the first two... they look angel like, a black and white angel.......... the third one will most likely be grey in color but have a black and white wing like an angel of balance....Hope the other trio looks cooler than the Birds,Beasts,Golems, and pixies! Wonder what they would be based on we have had Birds, Cat/dog, golems, and magical small beings based trios...so maybe next is a bug trio, fish trio, trio made up of different animals...

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm not to crazy about generation 5 at the moment, but I don't hate them or anything. I know they will grow on me, some of the generation 4 Pokemon that I didn't like grew on me, now I'm happy will all 493. So I'm not worried, generation 5 will grow me as well.

I already love the grass snake start Pokemon, and the white legendary. The blue otter starter is growing on me...but the white face will always prolly irritate me. I think it needs some sort of blue coloration (like Piplup), or design on it forehead. I also like the first evolution of the that dark fox.

Last edited:

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • My theory about the storyline of these legends is based on their looks. Reshiram is furry, bird-like, it looks natural. Zekrom is aftificial looking, somewhat metallic and robotic. What if they represent the forces of nature and industry, Zekrom could be the dark force that is consuming the natural state of the Pokemon world and making it more of an industrialized world. I'm probably wrong though. Either way, I belive that this game will pwn all other Pokemon games, story-wise. I like how this is going!

Years
  • If Zekrom really is some kind of artificial legendary perhaps it will turn out to be modeled on Reshiram. Story-wise, I mean. Like the people making it were trying to create their own version of an existing legendary.

Or perhaps they're just similar because that's how game mascots are and there's no point in trying to rationalize it.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2010
    These legendaries, are by far the best looking legends of all the franchise. Also, did anyone notice that Zekrom has drill tail? :3 I like Reshiram best, so I'll buy the Black version.

Of course, their is a third legndary related in some way to these two, which will innevitably become the mascot for the Gray version, so we'll see how that goes~

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • The problem here, is that they're Pokemon. So either way I'm pretty much obliged to enjoy them.
    You're all right, I mean they are the new mascots for the 5th generation, but still... I was expecting a little more than just LOLHERE'SANOTHERPAIROFDRAGONS

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    your right, like many and I myself have noticed they look digimon more than pokemon but that's isn't a bad thing. I like both of these legendaries, wonder what other cool legendaries we are going to get...especially the third version mascot which tends to look cooler than the first two... they look angel like, a black and white angel.......... the third one will most likely be grey in color but have a black and white wing like an angel of balance....Hope the other trio looks cooler than the Birds,Beasts,Golems, and pixies! Wonder what they would be based on we have had Birds, Cat/dog, golems, and magical small beings based trios...so maybe next is a bug trio, fish trio, trio made up of different animals...

I think that a fox trio should be next. It could be incorporated into the game...Say you had to catch or study the history of the 3 foxes and with them you'd be able to summon the legendary from the 3rd installment (a fox maybe just larger and more powerful than the smaller 3)..but you wouldn't learn much about the 3rd legendary till its installment came out though.

Besides foxes I think that there shouldn't be anymore trios.

I wonder if there will be a Gray/Grey version, since Diamond and Pearl had Platinum. If there's gonna be an extra version then I'll wait for it. >_<

I wouldn't be so quick to say Grey. Yes it could be Grey since that's the logical version but I'm sure people didn't expect Platinum (a chemical element) after D&P (jemstones). For all we know we could get an Aluminum or Titanium version (both have a grey color).

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The problem here, is that they're Pokemon. So either way I'm pretty much obliged to enjoy them.
    You're all right, I mean they are the new mascots for the 5th generation, but still... I was expecting a little more than just LOLHERE'SANOTHERPAIROFDRAGONS

We don't know what types they are yet..and if they are dragons then oh well. I mean we'll have a new type of dragon with Zekrom (it definitely has to be a dark type).

You make it sound as if they're just throwing a new bunch of crap at us. I don't think we can really judge considering that we only know what they look like. Stats, movepool, abilities, sprites, and history have to be taken into consideration as well. You have to give Game Freak (Ken Sugimori & co) for the designs though. I doubt many of us could have come up with something better that could please the masses..(yes Zekrom and Reshiram may dissapoint many but I'm sure most are pleased).

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • We don't know what types they are yet..and if they are dragons then oh well. I mean we'll have a new type of dragon with Zekrom (it definitely has to be a dark type).

You make it sound as if they're just throwing a new bunch of crap at us. I don't think we can really judge considering that we only know what they look like. Stats, movepool, abilities, sprites, and history have to be taken into consideration as well. You have to give Game Freak (Ken Sugimori & co) for the designs though. I doubt many of us could have come up with something better that could please the masses..(yes Zekrom and Reshiram may dissapoint many but I'm sure most are pleased).

I'll throws confetti if Reshiram is an Ice/Dragon (Last time I checked, no weaknesses?) and she looks like one alright, let's just hope :p

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'll throws confetti if Reshiram is an Ice/Dragon (Last time I checked, no weaknesses?) and she looks like one alright, let's just hope :p

That would be neat...in your sig Reshiram appears as if it's ice/dragon, and yeah I think it would have a weakness still (fire). Though I think Ice/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon (it's possible and would be cool), Psychic/Dragon, or Psychic/Flying. All good types if you ask me.....can't wait to get my hands on my own Reshiram. :D

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • That would be neat...in your sig Reshiram appears as if it's ice/dragon, and yeah I think it would have a weakness still (fire). Though I think Ice/Dragon, Ghost/Dragon (it's possible and would be cool), Psychic/Dragon, or Psychic/Flying. All good types if you ask me.....can't wait to get my hands on my own Reshiram. :D

I'm pretty sure fire can't hit hard with the Dragon mix isn't it? :)

Years
  • Well, it may surprise a lot of people, since I've been pushing the Light-type so heavily on the other thread, but I don't think this "proves" anything. I think it gives those of us looking for new types some hope, as Reshiram doesn't seem to really fit in to any of the existing types, but we will still just have to wait and see.

Anyway, I think it's Zekrom's nose-horn that looks the most like Digimon to me. The first thing that I thought when I saw Reshiram was, ".........the Neverending Story?" Don't ask me why, since they really don't look that much alike.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I think that a fox trio should be next. It could be incorporated into the game...Say you had to catch or study the history of the 3 foxes and with them you'd be able to summon the legendary from the 3rd installment (a fox maybe just larger and more powerful than the smaller 3)..but you wouldn't learn much about the 3rd legendary till its installment came out though.

Besides foxes I think that there shouldn't be anymore trios.

I wouldn't be so quick to say Grey. Yes it could be Grey since that's the logical version but I'm sure people didn't expect Platinum (a chemical element) after D&P (jemstones). For all we know we could get an Aluminum or Titanium version (both have a grey color).

Ohmaiigawds!
    We're so going to get along :D
    Foxes owns!
    *Wants foxes trio now* @u@

And yeahs I doubt they'll use "Grey/Gray" as the 3rd version's name... It'll be too, unoriginal, yes?

Speaking of which, Crystal had nothing to do with Gold and Silver too, and like you said, Platinum had nothing to do with Diamond and Pearl.

*I wants Spectrum for the 3rd one*

Back