• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Victory Road

iReign

Banned
Years
  • Indigo Plateau

https://pulse.eeveeshq.com/
    (domain change coming soon)

It used to be Luster Purge, but then I decided to take it down. After months of procrastination, Victory Road is now up and running. I plan on making new content soon (once I figure out exactly what pages I should make), and eventually changing the layout ( as I don't really like it much anymore).

During the many hiatuses and the long term inactivity, I had lost most of the visitors that were faithful to the site. So right now, I'm trying to regain those consistent hits.

I would also love some constructive suggestions (on pages, and the like), so if you have any you are free to post. Also, if you feel like becoming staff (in the rare occasion that you do), you are free to PM me about it.

Last edited:

Etherius

Ethereal Champion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    I like it, it has a certain charm.

One thing I personally would improve and actually the only reason I dont' make a site myself; You need to extract data from the game itself. For example, in your STAB section, I know that it gets 150% stronger. But how would someone new to the game know that? They could think it is amplified by 200%, if you catch my meaning. If you know how to extract game data, you can make sections on breeding and on interesting moves like Hidden Power, Secret Power, etc. My advice is to learn how to extract data from a game, and perhaps buy a second copy so that if you screw it up, you still have the originial. Hope I helped!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Red and blue is an attractive color scheme. Salamence seems like a strong choice. But the layout is weak -- too bland. The banner is pretty bad too. Anyways, making a competitive battling site is going to be a challenge because Smogon will usually outclass you. Add some stuff that Smogon would never have and that visitors want.

iReign

Banned
    Years
  • Thanks for the input guys. Hm, something that Smogon doesn't have the visitors would want... Honestly, I've got nothing in mind, but maybe it'll pop in eventually.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yeah, banner is not that great. Content needs to have a lighter text color to make it more visible with the red background.

And you're just asking for a hacker by using cutenews :x

In my opinion, wait until you actually write content before starting up a 'site'. Two weeks later and you're already looking for inspiration? If you want a good site you 1) need content people are going to be looking for and 2) up to date news. That's what visitors want out of a pokemon site.

Then you can work on gimmicks, such as adoptables to draw people in :p

iReign

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah after thinking for a bit, I think I have some ideas. I want to also include information about the games, so the site doubles as a database in that sense. I'm working on making content right now, so that the site itself isn't bare.

I finally fixed the layout, making it more tolerable. I tried to be simple, as I've discovered when you try to do too much with the layout image, it turns into a mess, overall. So yeah, went for a simple and clean effect, here.

I'm also in the process of redoing the content with a good friend of mine, hopefully the ones in need of revamping.

So, comments on the layout, and tips in general?

iReign

Banned
    Years
  • Indigo Plateau
    Sorry for the double post, but Victory Road has undergone a metamorphosis, and is now Indigo Plateau. After some careful thought, I found a larger Victory Road which has a proper domain, and I ran some domain searches and found that victoryroad.com was taken. So, I decided to change the name but keep the theme. Victory Road is an arduous test for battlers, and Indigo Plateau is too.

On to the changes. Indigo Plateau is now powered by Joomla making it much easier to organize files and the like because we are eventually going to be large, and tons of untamed files would be extremely hard to manage.

Back