• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Viridian City map transition

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2017
    [Sorry for my english ~]

Hello guys,
    I was rom-hacking when the beta-test time came.
    I had a cut tree problem in my Viridian city map, so I reseted her by exporting/importing a clean map from a clean rom. No problem.
    When I changed my road 2 (at the north...magnetic north.) I started to have a "little" problem of loading, even if I restore the original road 2.

Some pics :
    puu.sh/o657S/59d0251232.png
    puu.sh/o659h/f6cb962334.png
    puu.sh/o65aJ/279d9ee73a.png
    (can't post links so...)

Problem description :
    >I can enter Viridian City normaly, but an invisible wall spawn behind me so I cannot go back
    >If I reload the map with a random house, the forest spawn like a Sudowoodo army
    >Map connections and Level script didn't changed

So, I don't know where is the problem...If you got an idea :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2017
    Mmh, a good video > a long text. (i just don't know how to explain)
    Actually, the video is REALLY ugly, but we can see the problem.
    dropbox.com/s/saumr1e0dbxs61b/VisualBoyAdvance%202016-04-07%2013-58-40-66.avi?dl=0

So, i can enter Viridian City, but I can't exit...I should rename it as Jail or something like.
    Map connections are still right

INDIAN MEW(ARAZI)

THE WORLDS MOST DUMB MAN
    Years
    I am thinking that you've connected route 1 to viredian.but did you connected viridean city to route 1...
    (not sure)but that should be the problem.
    or if did not solves give me ips ill try to fix.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2017
    I don't see any problem in the connections when i look with AdvanceMap :l

Here is the .ips, based on Leaf Green French (i have a link, if you want)
    dropbox.com/s/1xf4xqbabbf445u/leaf.ips?dl=0

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2017
    Is anybody there ? D:
    My problem is not solved, I am thinking about transition building, but 3 in Viridian City...it will be so ugly :l

HamtaroTumin

[font=avantgarde-demi][color=#379BBD]#WaitForTheRi
    Years
    I see the problem, dont say you are using A-map 1.92, I know that 1.92 is good but in 1.95 there is more good to solve this problems,

In the connections tab in A-MAP 1.95 with the picture of arrow in all the four directions, open it and go to Viridian City or "jail" then click on the "Show Preview" option and make make the connection tab full screen, now you can see the route 2 or route 1 or route 22 along viridan city. The map of virdian city will be margined with a red ribbon thats mean you are editing that map right now. now drag the routes like this,
    Viridian City map transition
    and after it is done, let you have done with your route 1 now route 2, change the "connections no." above in there and change it still you find the route 2 along the map of viridian city and make it like the first one and change every of them like I said and done. you will get everything right.

If still didnt the problem didnt gone share the rom with me I will find it out myself and will help you in it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2017
    Uwww
    Thanks for the answer, but the connections are still right. The road 1 go to Viridian city without problem on A-Map but I still can't go back :l So the problem is not here TT-TT
    (btw, it's Jadielle, not jail XD)

Here the IPS
    puu.sh/oMUU2/14773e6456.ips
    based on a french Leaf version

HamtaroTumin

[font=avantgarde-demi][color=#379BBD]#WaitForTheRi
    Years
    Uwww
    Thanks for the answer, but the connections are still right. The road 1 go to Viridian city without problem on A-Map but I still can't go back :l So the problem is not here TT-TT
    (btw, it's Jadielle, not jail XD)

Here the IPS
    puu.sh/oMUU2/14773e6456.ips
    based on a french Leaf version

I am having prob while opening it, I will refer you to hack FireRed as I have also tried LG in past as it is easy but I also have faced problems in it then I asked few people they saud to me to hack FR so I am refering you this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2017
    Oh :c
    Well, my hack has a lot of balancing issues...
    Maybe I will make a new hack, with my so cool programming skill \o/

So, thanks for helping and have a nice day :v

Back