• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virizion EX/Genesect (non-EX)

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Just made this deck recently and I wanted to share it with you :)
    It's an awesome deck that I am very proud of. Oh, and it works! :P

Deck List-

Pokemon:
    x4 Genesect LT 16/113
    x4 Virizion EX PB 9/101
    x2 Mewtwo EX ND 54/99

Trainers/Supporters:
    4x N
    4x Juniper
    4x Catcher
    4x Ultra Ball
    3x Energy Switch
    3x Bicycle
    3x Crushing Hammer
    2x Hypnotoxic Laser
    1x Energy Retrieval
    3x Silver Bangle
    3x Skyarrow Bridge
    1x Scramble Switch

Energy:
    12x Grass
    3x Double Colorless

Deck Strategy: Almost exact to VirizionEX/GenesectEX, Virizion EX powers up my main attacker, Genesect from Legendary Treasures. Mewtwo is purely there for extra damage at any moment or to crush something weak to psychic. With 4 Grass energy attached to Genesect and a Silver Bangle, he is doing 160 damage to an EX. That extra 10 from Laser is a potential EX knockout. As far as Scramble Switch, well, you get the idea. Let me know what you guys think! Let us discuss!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Yeah, I could definitely see putting some eviolites in. But the I'd like to keep the Virizion because Emerald Slash does 50 plus the 2 energy attachment. Victini's Turbo Energize does no damage but with the same affect. Plus, Virizion is a bit beefier than Victini.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Dont use energy retrieval. With Virizion, its better to use super rods. they go back into your deck so you can accelerate the energy again. You may want like 2 super rods.
    Also you should consider Tropius. Its an amazing start and its really helpful late game if your opponent tries to N you down to 1 or 2 cards. It also is not weak to fire, so it can help against a flareon or something.
    I sort of understand the lasers, but not the crushing hammers.
    My suggestion would be to...

-1 Energy Retrevial (Super Rod is better)
    -3 Crushing Hammers (Flippy and not that great)
    -2 Catcher (Now that its flippy as well, its not as helpful)
    +2 Super Rods
    +2 Tropius
    +2 Hypnotoxic Laser

Lastly do you not like Skyla?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Ahhhh. I am definitely going to put in those Super Rod's, I never even thought of that. Ill try it out with Tropius. I had Tropius in my Virizion EX/Genesect EX deck and it is pretty good, yes. I do like Skyla, I just didn't see a need for her in this deck. Going to go try this out.

Back