• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Thank you. I also noticed that Watchog's feet are higher than Hoothoot's feet with respect to the bottom of the tile they are standing on.
Maybe, the bush depth is just a little bit to small. You can test that in an easy way. Go to the allways in bush script and replace every "return 12" to "replace 30" in method bush_depth in class Game_Character. Then the bush_depth should be so high that you can only see the head of the pokemon. Does the error still occure, can you still see the feet while movement?

You were right. I texted with Giratina and everything worked fine. Watchog's feet are really very high. And, I am doing return 12 only cause return 20 is very bad. Why would I destroy evry Pokemon's sprite just to fix a Watchog. Its not a bidoof anyways. Bidoof also works fine. LMAO

Years
  • I have one last proposal for you.
    Can we introduce the chances that the pokémon you're looking for will have the MAX IVs or that it has its hidden ability?
    I think it will complement the script.

Thank you in advance.

It is true that the method to meet the Pokemon sought with the IVs is not well defined.
    In fact it's up to you to choose what's best for you.
    I personally think you have to model yourself on the Rescue Chain script - By Vendily.
    That is, the more we hunt the same Pokémon, the more the chance to see the MAX IVs or hidden ability appears.
    A can like the S.O.S battle method.

What do you think?

If you have another solution...

But I think this should be added to the Rescue Chain script - By Vendily rather than in yours.

Your script is made to make wild Pokémon appear on the map.

Adding max IVs and hidden ability are just options that need to be in another script.
    The one from Rescue Chain - By Vendily for example.

It's an option.
    It's up to you to see if it needs to be added.

Right now I'm looking for a script to mimic the S.O.S battle scene like in Pokemon Sun and Moon, I'm looking for a script for the battle hordes and finally a script to show the size and weight of the pokemon captured as in Pokemon Let's Go.

All this is work and it takes a lot of time.
    I hope I can make them happen.

Tanks!
    (sorry for my English)

If you want to introduce the chances that the pokémon you're looking for will have the MAX IVs or that it has its hidden ability, then there are Add-Ons for Vendilys Rescue Chain by JoelMatthews, which include this functionallities, see https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=422513

However, with this visible overworld wild encounter script, the installation of the add-ons is a little bit different.
    1. Have the visible overworld wild encounter script installed. You don't need to install the original script of the Rescue Chain by Vendily, since the rescue chain is already included here to assure compatibility.
    2. Add the new variables from the pastebin just below the other variables at the top of the visible overworld wild encounter script -- it should be just below EVODISABLESWITCH.
    3. Add the add-ons to the very end of the visible overworld wild encounter script.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Im having a weird issue, I dont know if it is because of the script or because of my own scripts. When I faint against versus a wild pokémon and return to a pokémon center, I get this message (and when I turn this script off it doesnt happend)
    Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

I would like to know if more people have this issue or Im the only one

Years
  • Im having a weird issue, I dont know if it is because of the script or because of my own scripts. When I faint against versus a wild pokémon and return to a pokémon center, I get this message (and when I turn this script off it doesnt happend)
    Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

I would like to know if more people have this issue or Im the only one

This error was already reported before. I thought that this bug can't occure anymore since version 1.9. Which version of the overworld encounter script do you use?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    If you want to introduce the chances that the pokémon you're looking for will have the MAX IVs or that it has its hidden ability, then there are Add-Ons for Vendilys Rescue Chain by JoelMatthews, which include this functionallities, see https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=422513

However, with this visible overworld wild encounter script, the installation of the add-ons is a little bit different.
    1. Have the visible overworld wild encounter script installed. You don't need to install the original script of the Rescue Chain by Vendily, since the rescue chain is already included here to assure compatibility.
    2. Add the new variables from the pastebin just below the other variables at the top of the visible overworld wild encounter script -- it should be just below EVODISABLESWITCH.
    3. Add the add-ons to the very end of the visible overworld wild encounter script.

Yes, that's what I did and it worked.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    This error was already reported before. I thought that this bug can't occure anymore since version 1.9. Which version of the overworld encounter script do you use?

Oh I see, that's fine, I think Im using an earlier version because I thought I didnt need the new additions, I thought there were no bugs fixed, sorry for not checking it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I am trying to get this script and LevelBalance by Joltik to work together. The game runs fine, however the over-world sprites don't show the evolution, I am not sure which script to be looking at to try and edit. any help would be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    I am trying to get this script and LevelBalance by Joltik to work together. The game runs fine, however the over-world sprites don't show the evolution, I am not sure which script to be looking at to try and edit. any help would be awesome.

I too have the same problem with Vendily's Rescue Chain script.
    Sometimes, instead of having the Pokémon sprite evolved, the script overworlds wild encounter gives me the sprite of the pre-evolved form.
    I couldn't change this bug.
    For example: I meet an overworlds wild Pidgey and it is a Pidgeotto that appears in battle.

Years
  • I am trying to get this script and LevelBalance by Joltik to work together. The game runs fine, however the over-world sprites don't show the evolution, I am not sure which script to be looking at to try and edit. any help would be awesome.

I too have the same problem with Vendily's Rescue Chain script.
    Sometimes, instead of having the Pokémon sprite evolved, the script overworlds wild encounter gives me the sprite of the pre-evolved form.
    I couldn't change this bug.
    For example: I meet an overworlds wild Pidgey and it is a Pidgeotto that appears in battle.

The Event @@OnWildPokemonCreate defined in module Events in script section PField_Field is used to modify a pokemon on creation before the battle starts.
    A procedure can subscribe to this event by adding itself to the event. It will then be called whenever the event occurs.
    For example to make a pokemon shiny then the shinyPokemonswitch is active uses this event.

In the visible overworld wild encounter script, this Event @@OnWildPokemonCreate is trggered twice.
    Once then a pokemon is created for spawning and the other time then going into battle with an already spawned pokemon.
    Clearly, in the first case the pokemon needs to be generateed for the alternative form, gender, the shinyness, the level and the species of cource to know the correct sprite.
    In the other situation the pokemon needs to be generated again to know its stats and so on for the battle.

Triggering @@OnWildPokemonCreate twice yields to the problem that the sprite and the pokemon in battle can differ from each other. This can occure for example for the battle leveling script by Joltik https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409828 , where the species can be changed on creating for spawning and again on creating for the actual battle with a spawned pokemon.

If you want to add a procedure that modifies a pokemon only for spawning but not before battling then you can do it. You need the version 1.11.1 (edit) or higher of the visible overworld wild encounter script and need to use the new Event @@OnWildPokemonCreateForSpawning.
    You can use this event the same way as you did with @@OnWildPokemonCreate.
    Note that OnPokemonCreate is also triggered when a pokemon is created for spawning,
    But OnPokemonCreateForSpawning is not triggered when a pokemon is created in other situations than for spawning.

Here is an easy example. It makes all pokemon spawn as shinies.
    Code:
    Events.onWildPokemonCreateForSpawning+=proc {|sender,e|
       pokemon=e[0]
       pokemon.makeShiny
    }

Now, I will also give a way to modify already existing scripts such as Level Balancing by Joltik to trigger only on spawning of a pokemon and not on battling again.
    Simply search for all code in the script that is added to @@OnWildPokemonCreate by
    Code:
    Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
       #Here is the code
    }
    and add it to @@OnWildPokemonCreateForSpawning instead by
    Code:
       #Here is the code
    }
    Make sure that the code only affects the species, level gender, alternative form and the shinyness of the pokemon. This should be the case for the script level balancing by Joltik for example.
    If it also affects other parameters of the pokemon, such as the stats, then that modifications don't work anymore.

I would be happy if you could test that and let me know if it worked.

For NTests issue with Vendilys Rescue Chain the solution above will not work properly since NTest uses wild overworld encounters and normal encounters at the same time.
    So, to make Vendilys Rescue Chain work for both types of encountering, we still need the original script for Vendilies Rescue Chain and that it triggers on creation, to make it work for ordinary encounters.
    But we have to change Vendilys Rescue Chain to not trigger then battling a spawned pokemon.
    This can be done by changing
    Code:
    Events.onStartBattle+=proc {|sender,e|
       #Here is all the code that modifies the species and level of Vendilys original script
    }
    to
    Code:
       if !$PokemonGlobal.battlingSpawnedPokemon
         #Here is all the code that modifies the species and level of Vendilys original script
       end
    }
    Make sure to use version 1.11.2 (edit) or higher of the visible wild overworld encounter script.

EDIT: corrected the script version 1.11 to 1.11.2, corrected the last code section

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Thank you for looking at my issue. However, when I changed
    Code:
    to
    Code:
    Joltiks Code stopped working. I tried placing LevelBalance before and after OverworldEncounters, but, that did not change the outcome.
    I even tried adding the @@Events.onWildPokemonCreateForSpawning section of the code to the PbField section so that it ran before both of them but that did not matter either. I think I may just disable the overworld encounters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Hello,

So I just tested your update and applied the changes.
    And it seems that the changes made to Pokémon (evolution, IV, ability) no longer work.
    In the previous version it worked.
    But there was just one problem for the evolution sprites.

On the other hand, I noticed that the Pokémon sprites that appear Shiny works very well.

So I thought don't touch the section:
    Events.onWildPokemonCreate,e
    or
    Events.onStartBattle+=proc
    The necessary changes need to be made as we usually do.

On the other hand to make the sprites of Pokémon evolved appear, I think that the script must certainly be coded as it was for shiny forms.

As a result, we will get something a can like:

return encounter, gender, form, isShiny, evospecies

And this may also work for the Level Balancing script.

Years
  • Thank you for looking at my issue. However, when I changed
    Code:
    to
    Code:
    Joltiks Code stopped working. I tried placing LevelBalance before and after OverworldEncounters, but, that did not change the outcome.
    I even tried adding the @@Events.onWildPokemonCreateForSpawning section of the code to the PbField section so that it ran before both of them but that did not matter either. I think I may just disable the overworld encounters.

I'm sorry. I forgot one important line of code in the visible wild overworld encounter script to make the new features in version 1.11 and the solution for your issue actually work. I included that line of code and I have tested it with Joltik's level balance script. I works now, as described before, with visible overworld wild encounter script version 1.11.1.

Years
  • Hello,

So I just tested your update and applied the changes.
    And it seems that the changes made to Pokémon (evolution, IV, ability) no longer work.
    In the previous version it worked.
    But there was just one problem for the evolution sprites.

On the other hand, I noticed that the Pokémon sprites that appear Shiny works very well.

So I thought don't touch the section: or
    The necessary changes need to be made as we usually do.

On the other hand to make the sprites of Pokémon evolved appear, I think that the script must certainly be coded as it was for shiny forms.

As a result, we will get something a can like:

And this may also work for the Level Balancing script.

I found another bug in the visible overworld wild encounter script that exists since I added the rescue chain. That is, I forgot one important line of code in the visible wild overworld encounter script. This line was the reason, why the solution above didn't work. I included that line of code in visible overworld wild encounter script version 1.11.1. I can not test it, since I don't use overworld and normal encounters at the same time. But I think, that the solution described before will work correctly now with visible overworld wild encounter script version 1.11.1.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    I found another bug in the visible overworld wild encounter script that exists since I added the rescue chain. That is, I forgot one important line of code in the visible wild overworld encounter script. This line was the reason, why the solution above didn't work. I included that line of code in visible overworld wild encounter script version 1.11.1. I can not test it, since I don't use overworld and normal encounters at the same time. But I think, that the solution described before will work correctly now with visible overworld wild encounter script version 1.11.1.

I made the changes to the script but it still doesn't seem to work.
    In addition, it no longer makes changes brought to

Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc{|sender,e|

For this to apply, I have to remove the line
    if ($PokemonGlobal.battlingSpawnedPokemon == false)

end

By doing this, I again encounter the problems of displaying sprites.

I really don't know how to change that.

Years
  • I made the changes to the script but it still doesn't seem to work.
    In addition, it no longer makes changes brought to

For this to apply, I have to remove the line

By doing this, I again encounter the problems of displaying sprites.

I really don't know how to change that.

Thank you. There was another misspelling in script version 1.11.1. I changed it and uploaded version 1.11.2. Moreover I tested your situation. And to my mind it works now. Here, I present want needs to be done:
    0) Install visible wild overworld encounter script version 1.11.2.
    1) Install the modification such that normal encounters can still occure beside overworld encounters, see above for instructions.
    2) Then, instead of adding the original code for Vendilys Rescue Chain to make it work for normal encounters,
    add
    Code:
      if !$PokemonGlobal.battlingSpawnedPokemon
       next if EVOMAPSBLACKLIST.include?($game_map.map_id)
       next if EVOMAPSWHITELIST.length>0 && !EVOMAPSWHITELIST.include?($game_map.map_id)
       next if EVODISABLESWITCH>0 && $game_switches[EVODISABLESWITCH]
       next if EVOPKRADERDISABLE && !$PokemonTemp.pokeradar.nil?
       next if !$PokemonGlobal.roamEncounter.nil?
       pokemon=e[0]
       next if pokemon.nil?
       if !$PokemonTemp.rescuechain
         $PokemonTemp.rescuechain=[0,nil]
       end
       family=pbGetBabySpecies(pokemon.fSpecies)
       if family != $PokemonTemp.rescuechain[1]
         $PokemonTemp.rescuechain=[0,family]
       end
       if $PokemonTemp.rescuechain[0]>=EVOCHAINLENGTH
         for i in 0..($PokemonTemp.rescuechain[0]/EVOCHAINLENGTH).floor()
           evodata=pbGetEvolvedFormData(pokemon.fSpecies)
           if evodata.length>0 && rand(EVORANDCHANCE)==0
             fspecies=evodata[rand(evodata.length)][2]
             newspecies,newform=pbGetSpeciesFromFSpecies(fspecies)
             level=pbGetMinimumLevel(fspecies)
             level=[level,pokemon.level].max
             level+=rand(EVOLEVELWOBBLE)
             pokemon.species=newspecies
             pokemon.form=newform
             pokemon.level=level
             pokemon.name=PBSpecies.getName(newspecies)
             pokemon.calcStats
             pokemon.resetMoves
           end
         end
       end
      end
    }
    Basically it is still the same code as Vendilys original code but, now, the original code runs only when a normal encounter encounters.
    3) The Add-ons for Vendilys Rescue Chain by JoelMatthews don't nessesarily need any modifications, since they only affect the ability and the stats of the pokemon.
    This worked for me. But you are more common with Vendilys Rescue Chain. Maybe you find a bug. But I would say that it will work now as suggested.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2020
    AUTOSPAWNSPEED = 30 # default 60
    in the new version of the script when I put a value greater than 0 in this option crash when starting a new game

Last edited:
    I want to know that will everything be fine if I copy
    module PBTerrain
    def PBTerrain.isRock?(tag)
    return tag==PBTerrain::Rock
    end
    end
    to PBTerrain and add the
    end
    inside the original module PBTerrain
    and remove the module from your script?
    will everything work as before?

I found that even Pokémons spawned in caves show grass rustle animation.

Years
  • I want to know that will everything be fine if I copy
    Code:
    module PBTerrain
      end
    end
    to PBTerrain and add the
    Code:
      end
    inside the original module PBTerrain
    and remove the module from your script?
    will everything work as before?
    That is totally fine and it will work as before.
    I found that even Pokémons spawned in caves show grass rustle animation.
    You are right. I was getting lazy about the rustle animation. If you want to change that animation for caves and water as well, then you can modify the method "pbPlaceEncounter(x,y,encounter,gender = nil,form = nil,isShiny = nil)" below the line "# Show grass rustling animations" in the visible overworld wild encounter script. See
    Spoiler:

And if you have done it, then you can publish it here so everyone can it. If you want, then I will also include your code in the script as the standard.

Years
  • AUTOSPAWNSPEED = 30 # default 60
    in the new version of the script when I put a value greater than 0 in this option crash when starting a new game

Hmm, odd. It works for me. Can you screenshot the error message. And can you tell me which version of Pokemon essentials and the visible overworld wild encounter script you use. Did it worked with a previous version? And have you done any modifications or added any other scripts?

Last edited:

I made it yesterday but forgot to post. Sometimes, Late is Mate.
    I edited just the animation code that you told, and it now only shows animation when the Pokémon is on Grass tile, weather be Tall Grass, Underwater Grass or normal one. And, no animation when Pokémon is on Water or Cave tile.
    Code:
      if PBTerrain.isGrass?($game_map.terrain_tag(x,y))
      # Show grass rustling animations when on grass
        $scene.spriteset.addUserAnimation(RUSTLE_NORMAL_ANIMATION_ID,x,y,true,1)
      end

Back