• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Visitor Messages?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Please someone explain me the use of visitor messages?

Is it like the orkut scrapbook, or facebook wall. Directe one-to-one messages that are shown to other users?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Go to someones profile you wish to message. There should be a post box like a regular one in topics, just post the message from there. Or you could go to contact info and go to visitor message from there. Some people don't have VM's set or have personal settings for friends only. Once you start VMing you can also do view conversation and VM from there. You have certain settings as to where like I said only certain people can message and see.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Yeah I know how to use that, I actually wanted to know when/why use that :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, from the examples you posted, it's kinda like a Facebook wall, except other people can't directly comment on your comment (unless they also post on the profile). It's like if you have something quick to tell someone, then VM it, if you want to have a long conversation that you don't think is private enough to stay in Private Messages, then that can be carried out over VMs and... that's basically its only use really. But yeah others can read those messages, it is basically like you said.

Back