• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista ICS with 98?

deco11

Custom User Tile
Aug 17, 2007
Reaction score
Collected cards
Wanted cards
I have a Windows Vista laptop which I have connected to a wireless network to connect to the internet. I want to play Warcraft with my friend on my old Windows 98 computer but it doesn't detect my vista computer when it is plugged in on through an ethernet crossover cable.
Is there a way that I can use ICS to access the internet on my windows 98 computer?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have a Windows Vista laptop which I have connected to a wireless network to connect to the internet. I want to play Warcraft with my friend on my old Windows 98 computer but it doesn't detect my vista computer when it is plugged in on through an ethernet crossover cable.
Is there a way that I can use ICS to access the internet on my windows 98 computer?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Windows 98 won't have support for newer hardware. Your best bet will be to find a really old network card or to use dial-up. Hamachi is your friend for LANing over the internet, though it's a pain to set up.

Or you could upgrade the OS to 2000 or XP. nLite is your friend for old hardware.

Back