• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Viz WILL RELEASE VOLUME 8 of Pokemon Adventures !

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
  • Pokecommunity's ghostly Manga Section, wake up from your sleep!

Viz WILL RELEASE VOLUME 8 of Pokemon Adventures !

This is worth thousand words.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
  • May Arceus praise and bless whoever it was in the Viz company building who regained their common sense.

They listened to the fans, and this is just...

AMAZING.

This is the perfect way to end 2009 and begin 2010 for some Pokespe fans.

Did I mention how AMAZING this is?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • This sounds so awesome. Now I dont have to order it from Singapore.

Did the ViZ Re-Release fix Green and Blue's name? It might cause confusion when FR/LG Arc ever comes out.
    Spoiler:
    But it's sort of screwy because his name is Blue instead of Green.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Did the ViZ Re-Release fix Green and Blue's name?
    Nope. VIZ still calls the guy Blue and the gal Green. >__> You think they would've learned by now...

It's great that volume eight is gonna be released in America. o3o Hopefully this'll lead to lots of publicity for PokeSpe~♪
    But I'm still not buying the re-releases 'coz I prefer PokeSpe uncensored. xD;

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • ZOMG!!!!!!!! \o/

I can't wait for the mass censorship. =3=

Wait, WHAT, censoring, IN MY POKEMON SPECIAL!?

*warning: entering ranting mode*

Why is everybody against the first amendment of the United States anymore, I mean, seriously, viz keeps Naruto and One Piece, and every other manga uncensored, buy why censor Pokemon Special, something for THE OLDER POKEMON FANS, you see, the manga (like most manga such as Naruto) IS NOT MEANT FOR KIDS, the anime is meant for kids because it's mainly how they get the money, but the manga, like every manga out there, is meant for teenage audiences, why do you think there is violence and death in Pokemon Special, and not the anime, in which the characters RARELY BLEED if not at all.

You see, this is one of the main reasons why I hate 4Kids, and yes, I am bringing up the morons who killed off One Piece with their mass-censorship, well actually, I blame nintendo themselves, and not 4Kids, for only targeting the children and not older fans who have sticked to the series since the first generation, but does nintendo care, NO, they just dump the older, more mature fans, and recycle them for young, new fans, they do this every time they switch to a new generation, they did it at the beginning of generation 2, and every generation after that, up to the current generation, GENERATION FOUR

Anyways, back to the manga, the violence and death is what makes Pokemon special, well, special, it's supposed to be dark and mature, given more realism, than fantasy, it's life people, but still, why censor it, when they keep all their other mangas, such as Naruto and One Piece, completely uncensored........

Sorry for the rant about the censorship, it's just that I'm really mad about censorship and the first amendment, either way, it's good that Viz finnaly understands the fans of the manga and is releasing the Gold/Silver Chapter of Pokemon special, finnaly being able to shine outside of Asia, and just in time for HG/SS too

Nope. VIZ still calls the guy Blue and the gal Green. >__> You think they would've learned by now...

To tell you the truth, they are going by the American releases of the original first generation games, as Green never saw the light ourtside of Japan, while the other gen 1 games become hits across the planet, even though in Japan, Blue was only given to CoroCoro subscribers and not to the general public like the countless translations of it were....

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Riako said:
    Learned by know? The reason is obvious as to why the switched it in the first and it was obvious that they were going to keep it the same way. Anyway, it's not that big of a deal in the long run of things.

But I'm still not buying the re-releases 'coz I prefer PokeSpe uncensored. xD;
    Great job supporting Pokémon Adventures in America and Canada. Real nice.

Masterge77 said:
    Why is everybody against the first amendment of the United States anymore,
    What? If this was against the 1st Amendment then it wouldn't be occuring in the first place.

I mean, seriously, viz keeps Naruto and One Piece, and every other manga uncensored,
    Because they feel that those two manga deserve a Teen rating, which I don't think they do, and that leaves them mainly uncensored.

buy why censor Pokemon Special, something for THE OLDER POKEMON FANS,
    Um, no it isn't. Pokémon Special is kodomo and aimed at young 6-year olds that buy the games, play the TCG, and watch the animé. Of course, there's nothing wrong with you reading it either way.

you see, the manga (like most manga such as Naruto) IS NOT MEANT FOR KIDS,
    Naruto & Pokémon Special are aimed at children. The former at 12-year olds, thus being shonen, and the latter at 6-year olds, thus being kodomo.

the anime is meant for kids because it's mainly how they get the money,
    Like the whole franchise let me add.

but the manga, like every manga out there, is meant for teenage audiences,
    Oh no it isn't. If that were true, VIZ wouldn't have a kids section now would they?

why do you think there is violence and death in Pokemon Special, and not the anime, in which the characters RARELY BLEED if not at all.
    The violence in that book isn't that intense at all. Really, the worst bleeding that I've seen in that book in when Ruby was bleeding from his head, which wasn't much. Mainly, the characters end up in scratches, well, that's how that artists drew it anyway.

Oh, people have died on the show and in the games too just so you know. Just thought I'd let you know that.

You see, this is one of the main reasons why I hate 4Kids,
    Old hate is old.

and yes, I am bringing up the morons who killed off One Piece with their mass-censorship, well actually,
    They didn't kill it since FUNimation still dubs it and releases it on DVD. Cartoon Network ended up getting rid of the show and 4Kids had the show taken away from them.

I blame nintendo themselves, and not 4Kids,
    Even though Nintendo has nothing to do with 4Kids.

for only targeting the children
    Which is what One Piece & Pokémon are aimed at.

and not older fans who have sticked to the series since the first generation,
    Because this franchise has always been aimed at children and anyone arguing that is stupid.

but does nintendo care, NO, they just dump the older, more mature fans,
    They don't care, they won't care, and they shouldn't care.

and recycle them for young, new fans, they do this every time they switch to a new generation, they did it at the beginning of generation 2, and every generation after that, up to the current generation, GENERATION FOUR
    Are you just realizing this? You do know that the games have a basic formula that just keeps repeating itself over and over right? It's something that most people who still follow the franchise should know.

Oh, and FYI, Game Freak creates the games; Nintendo just distributes them.

Anyways, back to the manga, the violence and death is what makes Pokemon special, well, special, it's supposed to be dark and mature,
    If this is dark and mature then I don't know what you've been watching and reading all these years.

given more realism, than fantasy,
    There's really no difference in the portrayal of this manga and the other Pokémon manga and canons.

it's life people,
    Okay?

but still, why censor it, when they keep all their other mangas, such as Naruto and One Piece, completely uncensored........
    VIZ censor other manga sometimes as well. One Piece & Naruto are rated T and Pokémon Special is rated A. That's the reason.

Sorry for the rant about the censorship, it's just that I'm really mad about censorship and the first amendment, either way, it's good that Viz finnaly understands the fans of the manga and is releasing the Gold/Silver Chapter of Pokemon special, finnaly being able to shine outside of Asia, and just in time for HG/SS too
    You are a very confused person. Really, you are.

Oh, and it was obvious that they were going to go past Volume 7 people. There would be no reason to re-release them if they weren't.

Of course, Heart Gold & Soul Silver were reasons as well.

Anyway, this should be a happy occasion to the fans. I'll buy it for my lttle brother of course since he loves Pokémon as does my sister.

Last edited:

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • The Zelda manga isn't censored... so it's a shame that Adventures is.

This is great news other than the inevitable censorship, although the only thing I think Viz censored was Green's breasts trick. The severed Arboks are still intact.
    And really I can't think of much else they'd censor. Other than maybe a bit of Marge's leg. I hope they don't censor Marge's leg.

But yeah, awesome.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Naruto & Pokémon Special are aimed at children. The former at 12-year olds, thus being shonen, and the latter at 6-year olds, thus being kodomo.
    If you think Pokémon Special is appropriate for 6-year-olds, there is something very wrong with you. While it certainly doesn't contain as much violence or sexual references as most shonen manga, the fact that it contains any shows that it isn't kodomo. Furthermore, kodomo anime and manga feature no real overlying plot and little, if any, character development. Therefore, this also shows that Pokémon Special isn't kodomo, while the anime is. Also, you can just check MangaFox. Pokémon Special is shonen.
    Oh, people have died on the show and in the games too just so you know. Just thought I'd let you know that.
    In the anime, there have only been two human deaths in the entire series (Dr. Fuji and Sir Aaron). In the games, no humans have ever died.
    They don't care, they won't care, and they shouldn't care.
    Why shouldn't they care? If you have one part of the franchise marketed toward young children and another part marketed toward older fans, you get twice as much money! Since it's likely that at this point all they care about is money, it'd be stupid for them not to have something marketed toward older fans.

This is great news other than the inevitable censorship, although the only thing I think Viz censored was Green's breasts trick. The severed Arboks are still intact.
    And really I can't think of much else they'd censor. Other than maybe a bit of Marge's leg.
    This will definitely be censored.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Shiny_Noctowl said:
    That first part that got quoted-ed.

6-year olds are the lowest part. It's really 6-10 if that wasn't already made clear. Y'know? It's printed in Grades 4 & 5, maybe 6, which just encourages it's kodomo style, which it is a little edgy for. Though, I love how you generalized everything kodomo in that part of your quote. Very nice.

If it was shounen, it wouldn't have been applied "A" in America and not printed in a grade school magazine in Japan at such a low grade.

More than two people have died in the anime with Hunter J being the most recent it seems. I don't see why you quoted that though since that changed nothing of what I said.

Why shouldn't they care? If you have one part of the franchise marketed toward young children and another part marketed toward older fans, you get twice as much money! Since it's likely that at this point all they care about is money, it'd be stupid for them not to have something marketed toward older fans.

Except they don't have it marketed to older people as well as younger people. As a result, they don't care.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    6-year olds are the lowest part. It's really 6-10 if that wasn't already made clear. Y'know? It's printed in Grades 4 & 5, maybe 6, which just encourages it's kodomo style, which it is a little edgy for. Though, I love how you generalized everything kodomo in that part of your quote. Very nice.
    Your generalization of all Pokémon media as kodomo is just as fallacious as, if not more fallacious than, my generalization. Basically, it's a statement of the form "All X are Y", which can be disproved by a single example of an X which isn't Y. In this case, I will provide the most obvious and irrefutable example of this: Magical Pokémon Journey, which is shojo, not kodomo. Therefore, the generalization is false, so you must specifically prove that Pokémon Special is kodomo, rather than using your faulty generalization.
    If it was shounen, it wouldn't have been applied "A" in America
    The version published in America by Viz is censored, which is why it got an "A" rating.
    More than two people have died in the anime with Hunter J being the most recent it seems. I don't see why you quoted that though since that changed nothing of what I said.
    Hunter J didn't necessarily die. Admittedly, there's no way she could've escaped in real life. However, the Pokémon anime has, on several other occasions, made characters survive who clearly should've died. For example, Marcus shouldn't have been able to survive the fall from the cliff at the end of the 12th move, but that didn't stop him. Also, the various human ghosts that have appeared in the series shouldn't be counted, since they were dead long before the series started.
    Except they don't have it marketed to older people as well as younger people. As a result, they don't care.
    I interpreted your post as saying that they don't market toward older fans because they don't care about them, not the other way around. Therefore, I showed why it's bad business sense to market exclusively to such a young age group. In fact, marketing toward older fans as well would provide more than twice the money as just marketing towards young children, since teens and young adults have much more money to spend.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Shiny_Noctowl said:
    X →← Y stuff

Nevertheless aiming for young children.

Which explains its American release but not its Japanese counterpart which still stands true. It seems that it's sometimes printed in Grade 3 & 6 but usually in Grades 4 & 5.

Also, censorship isn't a definitive reason for rating. Some episodes of the animé were censored or banned but that didn't change the overall rating of the show. In this manga, some panels have been changed but it doesn't change the overall rating of it.

<Death II>

I've always lived by "No body no death" but at this moment we're to believe that she has died.

Interpret

Well, you interpreted wrong. I'll try to be more clear in future posts.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • 6-year olds are the lowest part. It's really 6-10 if that wasn't already made clear. Y'know? It's printed in Grades 4 & 5, maybe 6, which just encourages it's kodomo style, which it is a little edgy for. Though, I love how you generalized everything kodomo in that part of your quote. Very nice.

If it was shounen, it wouldn't have been applied "A" in America and not printed in a grade school magazine in Japan at such a low grade.

I don't see how Pokemon is kodomo, while all those Yu-gi-Oh's, Beyblades and whatnot are shounen. Pokemon is just as shounen as those.

Back