• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Viz's New Attempt

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Hey with viz re-releasing Pokemon Adventures Vol. 1, do you guys think they might possibly make it to atleast Ruby and Sapphire?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    Hey with viz re-releasing Pokemon Adventures Vol. 1, do you guys think they might possibly make it to atleast Ruby and Sapphire?

It's like doing the pointless stuff in Chuang Yi has a license for Pokemon Adventures(I think they do, otherwise they shouldn't be releasing them). Why would people redo them? I mean Chuang Yi already has 30 Volumes.

I'd be shocked if alot of people bought ViZ Manga. They'd be like "the manga is getting good reviews or somthing". I really wish they kept it back then. I had 3 volumes for nothing then, xD.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    They better not stop the production of the pokespe. They need to make it keep on keep on going. They just can't stop. They gotta keep on going all the way to DPP arc and the future HGSS arc.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Yeah I like the whole not paying $19 for just one volume off ebay thing LOL. I can't wait for August when the second one will be out.

Ryousha

Years
    Yeah I like the whole not paying $19 for just one volume off ebay thing LOL. I can't wait for August when the second one will be out.

LOL at ebay. I get mine for 9.99 anyways.. I visit Singapore every few months because my Dad has to do some work. I can get Chuang Yi stuff of a store. Thats How I got my 26 and 29.

Ryousha

Years
    I've got the first three and the fifth, and I think that you can pre-order volume four. So I guess they're planning on re-doing the Yellow series.

Wait is Best of Red like the original or skips here and back o_O.

btw if they did redo Yellow Series they'd stop at GSC right? I mean Chuang Yi has rights to the books unless they gave it to ViZ again.

I look forward to buying these books, but I'd wait for Yellow cause RGB is getting repetitive for me.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Yeah Chuang Yi and Viz work together when it comes to the U.S. so they have the rights to do it here. It's just that Viz can get tired of distributing them at any time (like in the past), but with the Diamond and Pearl Adventures being popular, they may keep it.

Years
    Nen thinks that how far VIZ translates depends on how many copies of re-releases people buy. If PokeSpe doesn't make VIZ enough money, then they'll probably stop printing it again. >.>

Also, I kinda like the fact that they're re-releasing. It's a pain having to buy Chuang Yi's volumes from eBay, especially since the shipping prices are expensive and I don't really have a lot of money to begin with. x.x

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Yeah I think it's a pain too. I believe that Pokemon Manga is making a big come back in the states as Viz is doing well with the Pokemon movie manga, and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventures. Let's keep up the hard work Viz.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    About the Pokemon Pearl & Diamond Adventure, i'm a french man so i can buy the books (i have already buy Disgaea 2 manga before Broccoli bankrupt) but are they good ? I'm a little ashamed to say that but i have try to found RAW (or scanlations) of this manga because when i saw this picture on bulbapedia : archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7f/MitsumiB.JPG I really liked Mitsumi. :p
    One question : Mitsumi is like Dawn but with green hair ?
    And another one : Have you a thread to speak about this manga ? I try to looking found here but don't found... (And pictures of Mitsumi... too)
    And finally : On the cover of the volume, in the left, it's Mitsumi ? ^^

kazukiPP

Manga Fan
    Years
    I hope VIZ release GSC and RS, those arcs are my favorites =D

HERE there are many spanish scanslation of DPA vol 1 & 2.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Wow... O_o
    How have you found that ? I thank you because if i want to show the manga with a index card on another forum, i need scans... (On the site, if i try to saw a another link, i can't found the link who take you to the page you give me. ^^)
    But one question : They use the english version and scanlated them to spanish ?
    But really thanks for this link. (Yes i prefer janapese version but i'm already really pleased with that !)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks for you answer.
    So i will take like one or two chapters... to see how is it before try to buy the volumes form Viz.
    And for the other question ? How have you found this site ? :p
    And do you understand what i try to wrote (my english is bad) with the link i can't see ?

river_hunter979

The Graceful Assassin
    Years
    Speaking of Viz's comeback I think It would be awesome if the did a reprint of the Electricl Tale of Pikachu manga. If pokemon manga continues to sell well there may be a chance of them doing, Who knows maybe even uncut. but not likely as Viz has already labeled all the current pokemon manga under viz kids

Back