• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VOTE IN! Vote out! Who's your favorite singing competitor?

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    *Edit*
    Shuko has edited out the contents of this post due to the fact that she was a ninny and didn't read the instructions all the way. Do not follow her example. She will lead you to ultimate destruction and inevitable doom.

Have a nice day! :D

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Tetsuya-san said:
    You can vote as many times as you want, whoever you want!

You might want to clarify this. 0_o Maybe say... putting a restriction to one vote per day? I can see it now... someone will think it funny to flood that inbox with tons of votes over and over again. It won't be very fair, will it? I don't want to have to put in my vote a thousand times just to make it count! :D

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Shuko said:
    You might want to clarify this. 0_o Maybe say... putting a restriction to one vote per day? I can see it now... someone will think it funny to flood that inbox with tons of votes over and over again. It won't be very fair, will it? I don't want to have to put in my vote a thousand times just to make it count! :D

but even if there is a restriction on the voting, that doesnt mean that everyone will follow it, there will still be some who will find it just as funny to go against the rules and flood the inbox with the same vote

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Yami_Zidane said:
    but even if there is a restriction on the voting, that doesnt mean that everyone will follow it, there will still be some who will find it just as funny to go against the rules and flood the inbox with the same vote

-_-;... This is why I think a Poll would be much better...

But things will probably work out all right in the end. I hope everyone "votes responsibly," lol.

mvtm

Years
    i am confused , in one bit , sorry for the problem , but are contestants allowed to vote? and if they are so , they have to vote for a person whos not him/her , right??

Night-Kun

Ze Punkrocker iz backorz!!
    Years
    Tetsuya-san said:
    A poll reveals the results publicly, so there's the problem.
    Isn't there a way to make the results not public? I thought I've seen some before... Anyway, I'm not ashamed of who I voted for, I voted for one of my friends and the one who I thought should win. Tried to only vote twice for each, but my computer was messing up so I think I voted for one person three times and the other only one... Oh well.. I'm not going to try to fix it, would only mess it up further... XD

Edit: Ok, I just posted my own poll (not related to this..) and there is a selection to make it where you could see who voted for who/what, but not one to see who's in the lead.. Guess that scratches my idea... But I do think it would be easier to determine who was the best, and you could make it multiple choice...

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    I suppose I'm just missing something important, and I apologize if it sounds like I'm making trouble; I don't intend to. I just fail to see why public viewing of the current runnings (and not who voted for what) is such a bad idea? The polls are designed so that each member of PC can only vote once for that poll, right? That would make things fair and balanced, regardless of whether PC members could see who was in what position.

But if it really is a bad idea for people to see the current runnings, then why not do this: change the rules so that each person can only send one vote PM. Period. You might have to restart the voting, but it would achieve the same effect as a poll, without compromising confidentiality. The only problem I see with it is that whoever is tallying the votes will have to make sure the same person doesn't vote more than once. Is it possible to sort PMs by sender? If so, you could do that, and just keep the first one sent, if by some chance someone sends more than one.

I had also considered recommending an offsite poll system, but that would work under the same principle as what we currently have working. You'd have no way of limiting the number of times people could vote on that particular poll.

Anyway, these are only suggestions. I'm not trying to influence judging; I just want to make sure each contestant gets a fair shot at winning. I'm not saying there's anyone on PC who's dishonorable enough to vote for their friend a hundred times, but with exclusivity enforced, it wouldn't even allow for temptation. Do you see what I mean?

Night-Kun

Ze Punkrocker iz backorz!!
    Years
    Shuko, I totally agree with you 100% I don't see why it would hurt to know who was in what position reguardless of whether or not we could see who voted for who, I proudly stand by my choices. I just think that it shouldn't matter who got what place as long as we couldn't see who voted for who (I don't see the point in that anyway, I voted for Shuko and Eliana) I just think that it shouldn't matter who you vote for as long as you want that person (or persons, if it comes to a tie) to win. And I believe that if there was a poll that more people would supply their opinion on who should be crowned the best. I think with the PMs, the same people will vote over and over since you all did not put any kind of limit to how many times you could vote for someone(s).

To sum all that up in one sentence: In my opinion, a poll would be a better choice to vote for who is the best singer. Not to mention how much easier it would be! Plus if you really wanted to, you could set an end date to when ever it pleased you.

Ok, more than one sentence, but I believe I've made my point.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Night-Kun said:
    I just think that it shouldn't matter who got what place as long as we couldn't see who voted for who

And don't forget that one of the Poll options IS to be able to make the voters' identities private. You can run a poll where this stipulation is in effect, and people will only be able to see how many votes each person has gotten - not who voted for whom. But really, in the end, it depends upon the contest's overseer to decide what's best. It's Tetsuya-san's contest, so he'll implement what he feels is the best method. And regardless of what that method is, I intend to back him up on it 100%. I've stated my "case," as it were, and now that he knows what I have to say, if he feels that the current methods are the best after all, then I'll agree with him. And I hope everyone else does too. ;)

Btw, thanks for reading this, Tetsuya-san. Good luck on the judging, and I'm sorry if I've hassled you in any way by bringing this up. ^^;

KeeperEUSC

I Truely Love You, Jiggly
    Years
    Sorry that I've been away for all of this.

I have no problem with being able to see who voted for me and who didn't. If people don't want to vote for me, it's their right, and I won't be offended.

Still though, you should vote for the Keeper. He's a cool guy. Ya know what I'm saying.

mvtm

Years
    im not sure, but i think doing a poll is a bad idea, not because people can get angry or not by voting by a certain person.

Is by the fact that voters my get influenced , voting to another person . By the fact whos winning and loosing.That happens believe me.

Back