• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Waist-Deep Water?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    So i have a graphics question that my brain just isn't wrapping itself around.

I want to add hot springs in my snowy area kind of like the kind where those snow monkeys go in Japan and such. I want the water to be waist deep so that you can walk around in it, but your head is always above the water. I did this by a partially see-through layer of my tileset being put over top of the water tiles as you can see below in the picture. The stairs and everything are showing exactly what I want which is the Submerged part being below that 50% opacity water tile. However, obviously, when my character walks into the area, he becomes completely submerged and when he walks down the stairs it submerges half of his face. I'm sure there is a simple solution to keep his head uneffected by the water like he is when he's along the top layer of the hot spring, but for some reason I just can't figure out what to do.

Waist-Deep Water?

Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'd suggest setting the priority back to 0 and turning on the bush flag, it'd look like this:
    Waist-Deep Water?

Reflections do tend to look a bit off like that, though- your water looks to be pretty clear, though, so I don't know if you want to do reflections.
    Waist-Deep Water?

I'd suggest pairing this with the Always On Bush script, too, so movement in it looks better.

Back