• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walk-Through?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    If anyone has the time..(and the patients..) to walk me through...maybe just making a sample game scripting and all...in RPGMXP? It would help alot and it doesn't have to be all in one day...

This would really be a big help..if anyone is willing respond A.S.A.P.

Thanks in Advance.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Pandoras_Angel said:
    If anyone has the time..(and the patients..) to walk me through...maybe just making a sample game scripting and all...in RPGMXP? It would help alot and it doesn't have to be all in one day...

This would really be a big help..if anyone is willing respond A.S.A.P.

Thanks in Advance.

Err, just tell me what you want to learn... the very basic of programming you can learn by yourself...
    Stuff like scene and windows I can teach (I'm good at RGSS however I suck at explaining)

~Azura.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    well I mean..I get on the program and I dont even know where to start so that's the type of Tut I need....a walk-through....

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Define :: Make Sprites.

Like this:
    Walk-Through?
    Where it is completely custom?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    yes like that..also I imported some pkmn tilesets and there is a red dot by them now they dont show up in the map properties dropdown box thingy....

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    The tileset thing is this. Go to the database, the window where you can change stuff like hero name, and click the tileset tab. at the bottom on the window is a buton. Click it and change it to a higher numbver. some blank slots should appear at the bottom of the list above the button. Click one. Where it says Tileset Graphic, double click it and pick your tileset with the red dot. Do all the passablity things yourself.

Spriting isn't that hard. It just takes time and layers...

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    What do you need help with, spriting or scripting?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Ok
    Azura's Mini-scripting basics tutorial:

=================================================
    In RMXP, press F11 to open your script editor. Done? Ok.

Part 1 - Basic Concepts

In the left, there will be list with all the classes that compound a game. Everything you do to your game can be modified/removed/added here.

To simplify, you can think of the Script Editor as a big city, where each class is a different family. There's the Window family, the Titlescren family, the Menu family, etc.

Inside each Family (Class) there will be pieces of code, called 'Methods'. The Methods would be like family members. There are some more importants and there are some less importants, but they all contribute for the Family.

(lol so far)

(I'm doing this mini-tutorial in Quick reply)

Part 2 - The Window family

In the next part I'll tell you about the most common family: The Window family. They're used for everything in your game, from simple message boxes to complex menus and battle systems.

=================================================

To be continued...

=p

~Azura.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Pandoras_Angel said:
    yes like that..also I imported some pkmn tilesets and there is a red dot by them now they dont show up in the map properties dropdown box thingy....
    he he, the exact same problem I had when I started out, though I never remembered how I fixed it... :P

Back