• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walking Pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2017
    This is the reason why I absolutely love HG/SS. I absolutely adore this feature. I think it's just wonderful. I don't see how anyone can not like it, and I don't want to know. I think being able to interact with my Pokemon outside battle, like characters in the anime do, really adds to the roleplaying aspect of the game. It makes Pokemon seem more like living creatures, with thoughts and emotions, instead of just mindless automatons.

Words really can't express how very, very disappointing it is to me that they dropped this feature from newer games. I wish with all my heart that they would bring it back.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see how anyone can not like it, and I don't want to know.

Then what's there to discuss?

Personally, I don't like it. And it's a pity since HeartGold and SoulSilver was the only DS game I was somewhat interested to play.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Why? I don't see what's so bad about it...

Well, for starters it's not an optional feature. And personally, it also goes against the very concept of "Pocket Monsters".

I have nothing against those who like it though. I would just prefer that those who don't are given the choice to not have one following you around all the time.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I like it too; But since from next generation on, you're allowed to walk sideways, so I doubt they'll make so many sprites for Pokemons to follow you about anymore.

Sirfetch’d

I can certainly see both sides of this discussion because it does indeed go against the "Pocket Monsters" thing, but then again makes the scenes from the anime where trainers are seen walking with their Pokemon a bit more realistic. As for me, I loved this feature and was one of the biggest highlights from Pokemon HG/SS and Yellow Versions. However, in HG/SS I do feel that a toggle option would have been ideal for not only those who don't like Pokemon following you at all, but also for people to use when certain Pokemon that shouldn't be able to follow you(like fish Pokemon) were at the lead of your party. I would definitely say that this feature is on my wishlist though of things that I would adore to see make a return in the future. It would be really amazing to see Pokemon following you around in 3D now. Hopefully if we get RSE remakes they will include this feature!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2017
    Bah, I knew I'd immediately get a hater.

Is making it a non optional feature not just as much of a killjoy as completely omitting it?

Yes, I think being able to turn it on or off as desired would be best.

Yeah, they're supposed to be "pocket monsters", but that doesn't mean they have to be mindless animals who are only allowed to venture into the outside world when it's time to get beaten up, or beat up another creature...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I love this feature. I was so sad when I first played Black and realized my Pokemon wouldn't follow me. . .
    I enjoy it because it helps make the game more realistic for me. You get to see how your Pokemon are feeling, what they're thinking, what they're doing, etc.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    but then again makes the scenes from the anime where trainers are seen walking with their Pokemon a bit more realistic.

Although the anime was the one who deviated from the games in that regard.

Bah, I knew I'd immediately get a hater.

Hater?! Grow up.

Is making it a non optional feature not just as much of a killjoy as completely omitting it?

Not to me. And like I said, the main problem was that it wasn't optional.

Yeah, they're supposed to be "pocket monsters", but that doesn't mean they have to be mindless animals who are only allowed to venture into the outside world when it's time to get beaten up, or beat up another creature...

It certainly doesn't mean having them follow you around everywhere. That's what Pokéballs are for.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • Ah.. yeah. I love that walking Pokemon feature.
    Although, The added in Platinum was it? Walking with your Pokemon in the Park.
    I remember when I first bought SS, I have a pokewalker too, and was surprise
    when the Pokemon went out of the Pokeball. Yes, wish they just added that feature.

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
    Years
  • YES YES YES i loved it, but for some reason i'm not praying for it to come in the new games.

Back