• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Want a debug mode in Emerald?

Just A Remixer

a low iq rom hacker
Years
  • I'm a rom hacker trying to hack Pokemon Emerald, with a debug mode to change genders, teleportation and stuff, but I can't figure out where to find the script that does any of these necessary things! Why would I want to do this? I honestly don't know at this point.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2019
    When I start creating a new hack or even try to test out some features I usually start with a debug room first. I change the starting map on map bank 4 map 2 (Fr) to a room to test my scripts.

If you want a debug mode just do it like that. Fill the room with scripts and features you want to test and skip the whole point of playing to that point where the script comes up.
    To find certain scripts is difficult. Maybe it's better if you learn how to do things yourself.

Tinkering with already existing scripts is diddicult and can bring up many bugs. So it's safer to assume that writing your own ones is just better.

Learning by doing

Back