• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Want to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swizz

Doggystyle
    Years
    Hi i dont know where to open this but here i go:
    i want to learn to hack rom and make my own game.
    i got a good story all i need is some sites or ppl to show me how and with what to do it i mean:
    programs
    and how to use it
    how to change pokemons or add pokemons or how to change hero and go on ...

haxx27

Trainer
    Years
    For ROM hacking your in the wrong section. If you wanna know good programs to use for ROM hacking and where to get them, PM me here or e-mail me at [email protected].

As for making your own game, I would highly suggest RPG Maker XP. There's several tutorials for it, and it's not that difficult to use. There's also various Tile/chipsets posted under the topic 'Game Dev Resources'. Unfortunately some of them don't work.

Swizz

Doggystyle
    Years
    i mean i want to take pokemon FR and remake it for my story and to put in it new pokemons and new maps after the elit 4 .

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Yeah, if you want to ROM hack, go to the corresponding section. There you will find tools and everything. This is only for games done in RPG Maker, Gamemaker, etc. I suggest using these because they're easier to control, in my opinion.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
    Years
    Is it really easier to make a pokemon game with rm2k3 than with hacking? I have only started my hack and am hitting quite a few speed bumps recently.

I don't even know how to import my own tilesets into rm2k3 but i'll look into it if it's easier.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
    Using RM2k3 is easier but it will be harder on putting scripts since you have to make your own. And well hacking is harder but there is more easing things in scripting since the pokemon system was already with it but if you want to put more additional stuff to the game like Pokemon Quartz then that just might get tough. It's your desicion so choose yourself. :D

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
    Years
    The best way for me to do this has slipped right under my nose. :P
    See, I have been working on my c++ for 3 years and I have gotten quite good, but I never once thought about making my game with it.

I'll have to restart, but I wasn't that far anyway. Don't expect to hear much of this for a few months but I'll probably be able to make this game 3D or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back