• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Warhammer Fantasy/40000

Years
  • Does anyone here on PC play these? If so, what armies do you play as? Personally I have armies of The Empire in Fantasy and the Imperial Guard in 40k.

Oh, right. For those of you unfamiliar with ether, Warhammer is a tabletop strategy game. You collect various minis of one specific race, and once you have finished gluing together and painting the minis, you pit them against other players' armies. It's somewhat expensive though, but well worth the money. The setting is very... Messed up and is somewhat hard to put in a nutshell, but basically it's pretty dark and edgy, probably more so than any other universe out there.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I did, but my main problem is transportation to my current game store, and the renewal of codexes.

My army for 40k was Tyranids, though cost has left me out. My army for Fantasy is Lizardmen.

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • I play High Elves in Fantasy and Space Marines in 40k. Not that I play that much any more. I mainly liked it for the painting. Not that I paint that much any more :) I have always enjoyed it but go on and off of it every few years. The best thing about the game is having figs that are unique to your creativity. Really fun, really satistfying, can be pricey, but in terms of time value for money, probably a better deal than buying PTCG boosters. If you take as long painting as I do anyway. I always thought the tabletop game itself was pretty clunky and there are too many exceptions to the main rules, that is just a function of the fact (and GW has said this) that the game itself is just a vehicle to sell models. So there is an incredible amount of diversity in the models that flows into the rules to a large extent, but it ends up just being kind of hard to swallow. However it does sell models, and GW makes some nice ones, even though the really sophisticated hobbyists that I've met tend not to prefer them; that is mostly because of cost.

Back