• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Was it good to have only Unova Pokemon in the main storyline?

Years
    I thought it helped to learn about the new pokemon's moves and abilities, if I was allowed to use pokemon from previous generations early on I would have stuck with what I knew and I woudn't have discovered some of the awesome pokemon I now have and use! :D

Years
    I liked not having to deal with the endless onslaught of Magikarps, Zubats, Rattatas, Geodudes, Tentacools, etc. Now that I had to wait until the end of the game to see them, I was actually a little happy to, even if it made me cringe a little bit.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I didn't mind. It had its advantages and very few disadvantages, but overall not including the other Pokémon didn't bother me that much. It gave us a way to get used to the new Pokémon and more of a better feeling for a new generation. I think the only disadvantage I saw from this was probably the lack of certain types, whereas if the games included more than just Unova Pokémon, it might not have been too much of a problem; though it isn't that huge of a problem either.

Years
    It was good to learn about the new Pokemon. I liked thinking of a team of new pokemon and was genuinely excited when i saw a Pokemon evolve because it was a new pokemon that i had never had before.
    I wouldnt mind if they changed the next game to have other generation Pokemon available before the post game. Since they wont be ' brand new' pokemon.

Back