• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen was your game deleted ?

deleted/wrecked by glitch

• Total voters

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    i think that when you complete 150 hours or so, your game is mostly to get deleted.i don't remember how many hours i have completed in my sapphire so i can't tell you exactly

I had around 550 hours, foolishly I delted it to start again because I got bored.

My Silver corrupted the day AFTER I compelted my Pokédex. Bluh.

kirby144

A proud Wotcher at heart
    Years
    'M'

M is the one who people should really worry about in these types of things. MissingNo is mostly harmless unless caught. But in order to keep it in your game with out messing it up is take it to Pokemon Stadium or 2 and in Stadium 2 there is thing it does to MissingNo that registers it as a Harmless Ditto.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    My Gold Version is the only one that has died. But I don't mind, I hardly ever play those games on a Gameboy anymore, I run them all in VisualBoy :p

Minto

Disgruntled Jigglypuff
    Years
    omg
    my silver and crystal are screwed aye
    the game deleted my old files and wont save now T_T
    is there any way to fix it?? o.O

Yeah. You have to take them to a Radio Shack and have them put a new battery in. I don't think your old data will be back, but you'll be able to play again.

The same thing happened to me. I may or may not have cried, because I put over six hundred hours into my Gold version and was only seven pogies off from having a complete 'dex! ;; I actually need to get new batteries for my G/S/C games.

Oddly enough, my older games (Blue and Yellow) have never had the internal battery die, even though they're significantly older.

HAJIME

so's your face
    Years
    The internal battery thing is interesting. But I don't think It could possibly be what caused my problems because they happened in ... Probably 2000? Is my guess. Because It was a few days before a Pokemon League held by Nintendo Magazine. And they had Pokemon Stadium, which came out in April.

Although this is all quite vague, I don't remember much.

I was using missingno because I was a a cheating little prick. (and since my pokes were most rare candy abused, I was surprised to win 3 battles... I guess everyone else sucked more than I did) Still, my boxes on the PC started screwing up. Pokemon would rename or their entire stats to become jumbled garbage... Their pictures changed. Eventually the game just was gone. No saved game existed. Haven't touched it since.

Luckily for me, Blue was my whore game... And Red had my team on it. :]

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Oddly enough, my older games (Blue and Yellow) have never had the internal battery die, even though they're significantly older.

It's because Nintendo are bum bandits.

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    Good old missingno, :) deleted my old red versions game quite a while back, ended up smashing my Gameboy advanced as a result lol, oh well i had an SP so it was all good!

Ruffresia

Johto Coordinator.
    Years
    Well, my Gold version died. My Blue version still plays and saves fine, and my brother uses it. I recently got a Crystal version, and that works. So...

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2008
    I had pokemon Armageddon which means everything is erased. I had it on my diamond game. Either that or my brother got to it and wrecked it. So yes it has happened to me. :(

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    I had a full team of six level 100 Pokemon including a max speed Charizard and max special attack Mewtwo. I had full Pokedex completion, 151 of 151. I even caught a Missingno and evolved it into Kangaskhan (so I had a Kangaskhan that could fly). I had Pokemon over level 100. I had max money, everything.

And my sister erased it.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I had a full team of six level 100 Pokemon including a max speed Charizard and max special attack Mewtwo. I had full Pokedex completion, 151 of 151. I even caught a Missingno and evolved it into Kangaskhan (so I had a Kangaskhan that could fly). I had Pokemon over level 100. I had max money, everything.

And my sister erased it.

Only about 50 hours play then, I'd have hit her into next week though.

Hidancat

ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I've thrashed two Red versions and a Blue from glitch experimentation; My originals of both still sit in my game closet, though.
    I'll tell you, there's only so much .4 a game can take before wigging out. Maybe I could dig out some of the old Emu videos or something and put them somewhere.

(I could go into a rambling explanation of why certain glitches do what they do but no one would want to hear it lawl)

And my Gold's come really close, doing what my Diamond sometimes does (The save file is corrupted loading last data saved etcetc but still loading where I saved) -- each time, though, it's because of the Machop thing in Vermilion.

Haha, it's fun getting results from being retarded on games. .-.

And I dunno what you guys are talking about - The only 'dangerous' MissingNO. is Yellow Version's.
    (And Flying Kangaskhan ftw!)

Last edited:
    Back