• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weavile/Exeggcute

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    After unpacking a full playset of the base pokemon of this deck i decided to put it together.

Pokemon: 16 (11 Basic)
    4-4 Weavile PF
    4-1 Exeggutor PF
    2x Deoxys Ex
    1x Darkrai Ex

Supporter: 10
    4x Juniper
    3x N
    2x Skyla
    1x Ghetsis

Trainers: 20
    1x Computer Search (Ace)
    4x Ultra Balls
    2x Level Ball
    2x Great Ball
    2x Dark Claw
    2x Frozen City
    1x Switch
    1x Revive
    1x Colress Machine
    1x Tool Scrapper
    1x Super Scoop Up
    1x Random Receiver
    1x Pokemon Catcher

Energy: 13
    9x Dark
    2x Plasma
    2x PFLD Blend Energy

So the basic plan of this deck is obvious. Get my exeggcute into my discard as soon as possible to prevent them from being N'ed back into my Deck, and use Propagation to bring them back when I have Weavile ready to attack. Generally with this deck setup i can get Weavile up on T2 and usually about 2 or 3 Exeggcute into my hand and discard.

I'm currently still lacking 2 level balls to replace the great ones. But generally the plan is to level ball my exeggcute and then discard them with the ultra ball to grab more of them.

With 2 Deoxys and Dark Claws i can hit for 160 consistently without having to ditch more than just my exeggcute. But if i really need to i can discard 1 more pokemon to knock out pretty much anything.

Exeggutor is in there if i get stuck with only an exeggcute first turn and am forced to play it. Its first ability is kinda handy. For 1 colorless energy it does 10 damage and the opponent cant play a support card next turn. Preventing them to get a better T2. Its also another pokemon i can vilify away if need be. Though this pokemon replaced a super scoop up, and idk if i like that.

Darkrai is Darkrai. Also not sure if i want to keep it in the deck. As it costs 3 energy to attack, and my deck only has 13 energy and no retrevials. Its helpful as i can move around Weaviles incase i want to prevent one of my dark clawed Weaviles from dying. Plus all it replaced was a switch, and its basically a switch whenever i want.

Deoxys, the blend, plasma, and colress machine are all required if i want to be able to attack with it. Which really helps against things that stack energy. And since its in my deck, it might as well do something if i need it to. As a bonus its a hard counter to Mewtwo and Keldeo.

Frozen City is really helpful since both of my attackers are team plasma and it soften pokemon up for Weavile.

Ghetsis is surprisingly effective T1 if you go first. It will utterly wreck your opponents hand and help you draw cards. I generally get 2 or 3 cards from it first turn and its much more helpful than Juniper if i go first, since my opponent suffers. It also really helps if my opponent searches for trainers with their pokemon so i know its in their hand.

After writing this up i realize that i forgot an energy retrieval. Most likely Superior Energy Retrieval. And with the addition of Exeggutor and Darkrai i dont know what to take out to add it in. Though i really need to.

Anyway, suggestions/comments?

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
    Years
  • Here are some things I would recommend. Just by looking at your list, It looks like a very inconsistent deck. In decks like this, you need to only have cards that will help you severly in every matchup.

-1 Exeggutor
    -2 Deoxys EX
    -2 Ultra Ball
    -1 Super Scoop Up
    -1 Revive
    -1 Random Receiver. Just run more supporters.
    -2 Great Ball
    -1 Colress Machine
    -2 Plasma
    -2 Blend Energy

+2 Dark Claw
    +2 Level Ball
    +3 Switch/Escape Rope
    +2/3 Catcher
    +1 Tool Scrapper
    +1 Darkness Energy

I'm not saying it's a must, but If you plan on competing with this deck I would highly recommend these changes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I plan on having 4 ultra and 4 level balls, i just need 2 more level balls. Ultra balls are just too good with Exeggcute since i can technically discard them 2 times in one turn as long as they start in my hand.

I rarely switch. Especially if im only going to use Weaviles as you suggest. Whats the point of switching? I would only be switching to another Weavile. Generally they will be 1 shotted anyway. Not like one will survive longer than the others. The only time they would be useful for paralysis or sleep as poison, while it does whittle them down, they will, as said before be most likely be OHKOed anyway.

Also if i dont carry revives or any other pokemon. I will run out of attackers with 4 deaths. Chances are i will need to hit hard and fast in the first few turns. But if they bring out something with more than 140 hp and the ability to do 90 damage or more. I will be unable to knock it out in 1 turn unless i end up discarding a Weavile/Sneazle. Further reducing my chances of winning. Plus i would be completely destroyed by a fighting type deck. A Deoxys is the perfect compliment as it will help with the fighting weakness.

10 energy is just not going to fly. Especially without some way of retrieving or searching. My roommate runs with 12 in his deck and in several matches he ends up drawing dead for like 3 or 4 turns. 13 energy with 2 searches is quite nice.

As for catchers. I only have 1 from a nice trade. And im not going to buy them as a single card for like 15 a pop. Also the pack set it comes from is soon to be cycled out and i dont see the point in buying all those cards from that pack if they are going to be useless in a few months. I usually don't like having 1 at all.

As for revive and super scoop up. They have both saved me a few times in a match by allowing me to have 1 or 2 more pokemon to toss out to be able to 1 shot that final Ex that would have destroyed me next turn.

Deoxys is there since its a perfect counter measure to mewtwo as long as it doesnt get catchered out while mewtwo has 3 energy or more. If both pokemon have 2 energy on it to use their attacks, Deoxys will survive 1 hit with 10 hp left. While Mewtwo will be 1 shotted when a plasma is attached. its even more so for Keldeos, as they would need 6 energy to OHKO Deoxys while deoxys will be able to take it down if it has 5 or more. Besides Deoxys is mostly in this deck just to power up Weavile.

Granted i am open to hearing your reasoning behind it aside for consistency. because while consistency is good. I will have more trouble trying to face off different decks if i dont have a few useful cards up my sleeve to adjust for them. Can you imagine this deck fighting off a Blastoise/Keldeo deck (one of the strongest and most common decks out there) being only able to hit 140 damage max without crippling myself?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Got trades in and a few packs to adjust my deck.

Pokemon: 16 (12 Basic)
    4-4 Weavile PF
    4x Exeggcute
    2x Deoxys Ex
    1x Darkrai Ex
    1x Audino PF (Currently in there cause idk what to put in 1 of that would help. This helps against Articuno or any paralysis and could be Vilified if not needed. Though i want a Sableye for junk hunt. Then i could drop some balls and add in more 2 of techs.)

Supporter: 10
    4x Juniper
    3x N
    2x Skyla
    1x Ghetsis

Trainers: 21
    1x Computer Search (Ace)
    4x Ultra Balls
    3x Level Ball
    2x Dark Claw
    2x Frozen City
    1x Switch
    1x Colress Machine
    1x Tool Scrapper
    1x Pokemon Catcher
    1x Bicycle
    1x Energy Search
    2x Super Rod
    1x Superior Energy Retrieval

Energy: 13
    8x Dark
    2x Plasma
    3x PFLD Blend Energy

This deck now does a lot better. especially with the 2 Super Rods. I decided to add them in since i found out they are Dragon Vault and will be legal where i play after the first 3 sets cycle out. Revive wasnt really helping and super scoop up is being cycled out as well.

The Superior Energy Retrieval helps in both low energy count and it can discard my Exeggcute incase i need to N or see one coming. Which helps both my deck refill with helpful stuff and protect Exeggcute from being shuffled into my deck again.

As far as i can tell this deck is really solid. Out of 12 matches i only lost 1 because i got T1 Exeggcute by itself and was against a "Blow Through" Tornadus Ex with T1 DCE, and went second. For the Donk.

The battles were against what i think are bad match ups for Weavile in general.

-Deoxys Ex, Tornadus Ex, Septile (Early Knockouts)
    -Gardivoir, Gothitelle, Mewtwo Ex (No items with high and quick damage)
    -Articuno Ex, Beartic, Umbreon. (Really Bulky and penalty for dealing damage to beartic without knocking it out, plus articuno Ex.)

Back