• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Web Designs

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I'm back with some new stuff. I can't link to some of it unfortunately because of PC's strict rules, so I'll have to stick with just a couple for now. Hopefully the multiple color variations of the first theme count as the 4 required works, as they were all seperate PSDs.

One of them (I am by NO MEANS attempting to advertise this for purchase, it's simply the only place the theme is located online):
    https://www.audentio.com/shop/view/MyBB/citrus-14
    I can't link directly to the theme due to PC's rules, but you should see a "View Live Demo" button right below the pic.

So yeah, it's a theme I based on a few things. The first aspect I wanted to bring in was the lesser used colors on the web, orange, green. Blue can easily be called the most common color used in web design (Leaving out Black and White, which easily beat it), so I tried to stay away from it with this design. However, it's still an entirely possible color with the way I've coded the theme, which leads me to the second idea I built the theme around. I aimed to make it extremely easy to customize the color to the user's specific need. You can easily change the color (And ultimately the feel of the theme) by editing a couple hex values, or clicking one of the color buttons located in the navigation bar on the demo. The last thing I wanted to accomplish was simplicity, I didn't want to make it flashy or artsy, but a type of theme anyone could easily work into their community.

Next up is a theme I'm currently working on for the Pokemon Online battle simulator.
    https://pokeresourcecenter.com/pokemononlinesite

So what I aimed for with this theme was, well first off, to work all their already present content into a well laid out site, as well as bringing as much information to the front page without taking up more space than needed. I also had the task of working around the Pokemon Dratini, their mascot. While this is a gaming site, it's also a site for development information and bug reporting for a program, so I had to create a layout that was both serious, yet gave the user a friendly feeling.

A couple of things in this one that haven't been changed yet (Someone currently has the files doing some PHP work, so I'm waiting on that) that I plan on getting to are:
    1. The black link color inside the grey navigation bar at the top of the layout.
    2. The footer image is bad quality, I'll be re-slicing it as a wider image, as the noise makes it appear ugly.

So yeah, please let me know what I did and didn't accomplish in what I was aiming to, and how I might go about fixing those, or any other problems you might see. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    these are wonderful! im a graphic designer and of course im not too great at webdesign. i love your layouts very clean :]

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Thanks a bunch. :) I wouldn't mind seeing some of your stuff, feel free to send it to me via PM or VM.

Back