• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Webhosts?

Sigura

The biggest ****ing ***** here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    I just need opinions on webhosts, because I might need one in the near future.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Depends.
    Would you like free or paid hosting?
    Would you be only making a forum or a whole website?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    The above are very low-educated versions of web hosting. Practically anybody with no developing background can use those.

If you're into more advanced development, go for another host.

Sigura

The biggest ****ing ***** here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    Paid. Whole Site. I don't want to fork over alot though.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    HostGator.com is what I use.
    It has UNLIMITED Bandwidth and Disk Space. Their plans are affordable and cheap. Their uptime is also very good.

Or, to save Steve some time, you could use PPNHosting.com, which is his site. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    The above are very low-educated versions of web hosting. Practically anybody with no developing background can use those.

If you're into more advanced development, go for another host.

HostGator.com is what I use.
    It has UNLIMITED Bandwidth and Disk Space.

You want to talk about 'low-educated', but you fit the label more with your naive post. There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth and disk space, no matter what your host tells you. You should be purchasing from reliable companies and have the option of expanding on resources when they are needed. An unlimited plan is vague, and it is a one-way ticket to "I'm going to take advantage of you by suspending you if I think you take up too much resources, despite me setting a limit on you." Only uneducated clients fall for these type of marketing tricks (also known as "overselling", which is what HostGator is known for.)

https://www.buffyguide.com/webmasters/whatisbw.shtml
    https://www.findmyhosting.com/truthunlimited.htm

If you want hosting from a fair company who doesn't fill your head up with first-class BS marketing, have a look at hosting companies such as DTH, HM or ixWH. It's not even narrowing it down to these; the point is to don't be gullible and fall for such an obvious and desperate marketing trick.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    You could even ask for a webhoster in the "Webhosting Requests" thread, stuck in this forum.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    You want to talk about 'low-educated', but you fit the label more with your naive post.

Flaming really doesn't help anybody, so you aught to quit.

I know it's not unlimited, I'm just reporting what they give in the informational page of their website. I also said they have wonderful up time and speeds, which they do. I know there's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. I was suggesting it to him because I'm sure he will only consume a small amount of bandwidth to fit into the "unlimited" category.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Flaming really doesn't help anybody, so you aught to quit.

I wasn't flaming you; I stated that you were naive for placing emphasis on what a page indicates, which is far from what flaming is (insulting). If you can't provide an acceptable answer for your reasoning, then just say it. Don't jump the gun and assume I'm flaming you.

I also said they have wonderful up time and speeds, which they do. I know there's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth.

Why take the risk? You're better off knowing if you are using too much system resources than to be given the surprise that the host suddenly wants to kick you out because they think you're overloading their server.

I was suggesting it to him because I'm sure he will only consume a small amount of bandwidth to fit into the "unlimited" category.

You should be purchasing from reliable companies and have the option of expanding on resources when they are needed. An unlimited plan is vague, and it is a one-way ticket to "I'm going to take advantage of you by suspending you if I think you take up too much resources, despite me setting a limit on you." Only uneducated clients fall for these type of marketing tricks (also known as "overselling", which is what HostGator is known for.)

2 to 5 GB of bandwidth is fine for very small websites, and if your site ends up growing in size and you see your bandwidth limit running close, then consider upgrading. The bar isn't there for decoration; it's for your convenience. Purchasing an overly large hosting plan "just in case" is a bad idea.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I agree with you that it's fine for smaller websites, that's why I use it.
    I've also heard good things of the hosts you've given.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I agree with you that it's fine for smaller websites, that's why I use it.
    I've also heard good things of the hosts you've given.

The main idea of my posts says one shouldn't use a host like yours. <_<

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
    Years
    000webhost.com is very good. Very good storage, free MySQL, free PHP, free multi-upload and, when you need it, very cheap Premium service. I totally recomend it.

golden_rex

Learning scripter, fun mapping
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    000webhost.com is very good. Very good storage, free MySQL, free PHP, free multi-upload and, when you need it, very cheap Premium service. I totally recomend it.

I agree there, ive been using it for years, my sites are on their premium services too, and good customer service.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I've got an account with them, I'm going to get my own vB soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Back