• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekend Nights of Trivia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Why not Four? Long story >__>

Welcome to the Weekend Nights of Trivia!... where you answer questions I guess. I mean, how much simpler can it get >_>

Actually, a lot more simpler. Because this year we'll be doing this IRC style. All the jumble mess of answers wont take place in the forum. Here's the shizz:

1. Of course, we will NOT participate in the thread, but in an IRC channel
    2. We will run Saturday and Sunday from 7PM CDT onwards to whenever the hell our questions run out. Honestly, I have no idea how long we'll take. I'd say 10 minutes or 2 hours and I'd probably be lying.
    3. To participate, just post in this thread with your channel username. For help, post here! To file a complaint, also post here. To say how awesome I am, post here. If you don't want an infraction though, then drop me a VM ^_^
    4. If you absolutely do not understand any of this stuff hopefully everything becomes clear in a bit

Ok, the way the trivia will work: Saturday, Pokemon General. Sunday, Pokemon Games. I don't care what the church says. As said, 7PM CDT which is 1AM GMT. You answer the questions posted. More details will arrive to you when you join the IRC channel, First correct answer gets 10 points. Second correct answer gets 5 points. Third correct answer gets 2 points. Question periods are over after the question time out (which is secret) or 10 seconds after the third right answer.

If you absolutely sure on what to do, then just skip the spoiler and go to the technical details. If you think an IRC is some kind of college entrance exam you take while watching a Pokemon Movie then you should probably click the spoiler

Spoiler:

If you already know how to join, here's the technical details.

Channel name: #tpcgt7Trivia
    Server: irc.Systemnet.info, Same server as #thePokeCommunity

"/server irc.systemnet.info"
    "/join #tpcgt7Trivia"

Oh, and thank our friend zappyspiker for the wonderful emblems for first, second and third place. As well as participants. Which I am too lazy to post right now because I don't wanna spoil your surprise... or whatev >__>

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow... 1AM is a commitment :/ OK, why not? ^^ My IRC name will be Kip.

weavile77

maste of darkness...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    My Username shall be Dragon master.
    I look forward to it.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • In case any of you are terrible at timezones (like me), here's a little announcement:

The first trivia session will begin in approximately three hours!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm probably doing it tomarrow (As in running it), and if I am I'll be under "Gigi". So Sunday, listen to Gigi or you'll get kicked out 8D

You sure you want to handle this Sunday? If so, you're going to have to join so I can op you.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Check the time stamp at the top of my post... and add how many hours it will be in your own timezone.

Figured this would make it easier.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @Hiidoran

okay that's about four hours and from what you say it seems to be that the trivia will start at midnight where you live, add four hours and...thats about 8 where I live

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • ...no.

AceDragonite, the event starts in 1 hour and 42 minutes from now. Look at your clock, add two hours, and if you round that out to the nearest hour, then that's when you need to be in the channel in order to participate. The time stamp on my post should be in your timezone anyway, if you have configured it to do so in your UserCP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back