• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird evolutions.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    OT: I always thought the Beldum Evolution cycle was really freaking weird. Metang = 2 Beldums. Metagross = 2 Metangs. So in a sense in order to build one Metagross you need four Beldums along with two Metangs to build up the body. A Metagross is like built out of 6 pokemon?! What could that possibly be based on in real life? The closest I think is Magnetic rocks, but don't we already have our fair share of Magnetic Pokemon?

i thought that beldum went through asexual reproduction. meaning it basically cloned itself and once they both merged they created a bigger organism. the beldum family to me... was a representative of cells, even though they didnt look close to one. sorta like solosis. but thats more like a nucleus.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    The Trapinch line always bothered me, first, it's an insect with a giant head and large mouth, and then it's suddenly a dragonfly that appears to be smaller than Trapinch is, and then Vibrava evolves into a full blown dragon, when I fist saw Vibrava and Flygon, I did not even know they were evolutions of Trapinch, and it still unnerves me to this day.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years

Sorry, but half of the above comments go like "Magikarp shouldn't evolve into Gyarados it should evolve into a bigger fish" (Okay, I added the bigger fish part, but it's sort of what you're implying. What else would it evolve into?).

I agree with things like how Wartortle loses the feather ears it has or how Graveler loses the arms, but it's annoying how some people want Pokemon to evolve into bigger versions of themselves (and then everybody's complaining about how "Gamefreak is losing their creativity"). I think it's good that Gamefreak can see past the animals their basing on and care more about the THEME (unlike most fakemon, which are basically "fire turtle, grass monkey, water bear").

I personally think that if there's something that the evo line is based on, saying it's "wierd" is sort of invalid.

Sorry for the rant, sometimes I think some people want Pokemon to be down to earth animals or something. (Also, I find it funny everybody comlpains because a sea otter evolves into a seal but nobody notices a tick evolves into a tarantula :P)

...One of the few exceptions is Clampearl, because I don't know of anything it might be based on (somebody please correct me).

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
    I think the charmander line is sorta strange.
    Salamander/Lizard> Dinosaur > Dragon o.o

Also the Exeggcute line goes like this. Exeggcute are seeds, seeds plant TREES

Back