• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird Stuff People Say

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    You all know, what I'm talking about. The weird stuff people say, where ever your from, you know people say weird thing. Like were I'm from, when people are mad they say it, "Sucks fish ****." When people don't know what to say they say, "Baduzlaphis."

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
  • What is the point of this thread?
    You didn't even really ask a question.
    ^,^
    But what I think you want is for us to state weird things that people we know say, in which case for me their is nothing, other than "whatever".

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Well, if one isn't considering the way we Hoosiers like to take normal English words and butcher them completely, then I suppose we only have a few little sayings.

One thing you here a lot around my area is "c'mere a minute." I can't tell you how often I hear that phrase when someone wants to speak with me. xD

In my immediate community, one can often hear people answering "qué?" to a question they do not know how to respond to. I suppose we adopted the word after the influence of Hispanic people in our community.
    (So far nobody has adopted Punjabi sayings, however. :o)

Not too creative around here. People used to say "ain't" a lot, but that has died down quite a bit since I was a child.

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
  • OHGODWISHCONSINISTHEABSOLUTEWORST ;;

I am an expert on Wisconsin-isms

For instance instead of "creek" we'll say "crick" -.-
    Instead of "water fountain" it's "bubbler" {Seriously, what the hell is up with that? >.>}

And there's more that I don't feel like posting because I'm lazy like that :<

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Not too creative around here. People used to say "ain't" a lot, but that has died down quite a bit since I was a child.
    I first heard "ain't" in year 3 and started using it when I learnt that no one else did anymore. I still do use it, but now lots of people do :(

Back